Sunday, June 19, 2011

REVIEW: Essie Turquoise & Caicos





PRODUCT: 3.5/5
PACKAGING: 5/5
QUALITY: 4/5
GRADE: B
PRICE: $7-8 at Target (also at other drugstores)
WOULD I REPURCHASE? Yes

PROS
+ GORGEOUS color!
+ Lasts a week or longer on (which is great for me!)
+ Love the brush

CONS
- Not pigmented by itself, need at least 3 coats to get a solid color
- It's a little pricey for nail polish



I've been eyeign out this specific shade of Essie nail polish ever since I saw Target got Essie nail polish in. This minty turquoise color is probably my second favorite color but I was totally avoiding buying it because $8 for a nail polish from Target seemed kinda pricey to me, but I finally caved and bought it! The down side is that it's really sheer. I had to apply 3 coats to get it completely opaque, but it isn't as streaky as MAC nail polishes (wish are the worst!). After the first coat, you can see through it. The second, you can still see parts of your nail through it. Third coat and it's completely opaque. Since 3 coats is pretty thick, my manicure lasted me longer than a week which is really good for me considering I'm always washing dishes, cleaning, etc. and manicures start chipping really quickly.


Overall, it kind of sucks that you have to apply a few coats, but for me the color payoff is worth it because I LOVE this color. $8 for a bottle of polish is a little pricey but it's right around the range of China Glaze and OPI polish (my fave polish brands) so I really can't complain. The color kind of reminds me China Glaze For Audrey, but leans more green than For Audrey. This was my first Essie nail polish and I'm not sure if every Essie polish is like this, but I would definitely buy this shade again.



one coat


two coats


three coats

No comments:

Post a Comment