Friday, June 24, 2011

Ayurvedic Hair Care: Vatika Oil

One thing that I love to coat my strands with is coconut oil, my hair loves the light fragrant oil and my thick hair soaks it right up. It wasn't until last year that I started using Vatika oil, which is a great coconut based oil that's full of great auyervedic ingredients like alma, lemon and henna! The henna along with other herbs coats the hair protects it from oxidation maintaining its natural color. The yummy amla strengthens the roots of  hair to help maintain overall health and natural thickness. And lemon acts as a  astringent and helps control sebum flow. Doesn't that sound great?  I often mix my Vatika oil with a deep conditioner which gives me a little extra moisture when needed. It's rumored that Vatika's unique natural formulation ensures deeper oil penetration to give your hair and scalp complete nourishment for problem free, healthy hair. I am not too sure about the "problem free" part but my hair definitely thanks me once it's slathered in oil.  

I use Dabur Vatika Oil and I purchase it from here. It's a great buy and when I catch a good sale I stock up! Hairveda also sells a Vatika Frosting that is OUT OF THIS WORLD, also a great buy and the smell is to die for.

Are you a Vatika Oil user?
If so, how do you use it?

xoxo,
Alex



No comments:

Post a Comment