Friday, June 17, 2011

Product Review: Cantu Shea Butter Leave In

16 oz/$5.99 

I've had this Cantu product sitting under my bathroom sink for months now. I tried it once and to be honest, I don't remember what my hair's reaction was to it so I gave it another go. According to the company who makes this product Cantu® Shea Butter Leave In helps moisturize dry brittle hair with deep penetrating oil and emollients that soften, detangle and add shine to hair. It also helps protect the hair against heat and sun styling damage and provides extra protection from split ends and breakage. See my thoughts below.

Ingredients: Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Panthenol, PPG 1-PPG-9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, Lanolin Oil, Cinnamidopropyl Trimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone 3, BHA, BHT, Zea Mays Oil (Corn), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

My Experience: I used this product alone on damp hair and I was immediately impressed on the slip it provided. The thick creamy texture smoothed nicely on my hair and I didn't have to use a lot to feel like my hair was moisturized. Once my hair was dry it clumps nicely and the curls were popping all over the place. I felt like I had a soft hold, which I didn't mind. My hair was soft, defined and hydrated which was plus. 

Overall: For the price and cost of this product I will say that I am satisfied. I can also purchase it on the ground which is a good thing. My local Target always has Cantu products in stock. I probably won't use this too often because I see that some of the may cause a lot of build up, like the "cones." Overall I'd give this product a 3.5 out of 5.

*Click the jump for some pics*






No comments:

Post a Comment