Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Eyeshadow Base Review - Oily Lids

Hello Lav's Hope you're doing well!

If I plan to wear eyeshadow for more than 45 minutes, I better use a primer otherwise my eyeshadow will clump amidst the excess oil on my lids. 
Products I've used as bases in the past are:
MAC Bases
MAC Fluidline 
Coastal Scents Cream Liners
Revlon Cream Shadows
Elf Duo Cream Shadows
Loreal Hip Duo Cream Liners
Makeup Forever Aqua Creams
Ben Nye's Lumiere Creme Palette
Prettyyyy
I wish I could tell you that all of these products are amazing eyeshadow bases, but alas, with much regret, I cannot!

For those of us with excessively oily lids, primer application underneath bases are necessary.

The bases that have worked best for me without having to use primers are MACs Fluidline Cream liners and Makeup Forevers Aqua Cream. Loreal Hip Cream Liners work well also, however, I do not recommend them as they seem to dry out (in its container quickly..so they don't last as long as I'd like) much quicker than MACs Fluidline liners.

The rest of the aforementioned bases crease heavily in my lids and quite honestly, to avoid creasing, I'd have to use very little color ( totally defeating the purpose of using a base in the first place).

Of the bases that crease in my lids, Ben Nye's Lumiere Color Wheel colors are the most pigmented. Therefore, I can get away with using a little bit of it and still achieve great color pay off but again it must be partnered with a primer!

Makeup Forever's Aqua Cream and MACs Fluidline are the best that I've tried. MACs Fluidline drys quickly, so you have to apply it relatively quickly. It's also fairly water proof so you'll need a great makeup remover. MF's Aqua Cream is waterproof and washes off easily with makeup removing soap. There's so much color pay off, and MF offers these in several colors. Both, I highly recommend.

The rest of this post has a few pictures of the bases I've mentioned and side commentary. Till next time , take care!
MF's Aqua Cream ( I have 3 of these now, they are GREAT)

Revlon Cream Bases
MAC Bases - I love MAC, but their bases don't have a home in my future makeup stash.
These are super cheap bases, decent color payoff, but crease like no other. Will not be purchasing again. Good thing they where only $1 each =D
Loreal Hip Cream Liner. Do you guys see how it's looking dry? I've had my fluidline for longer and it's perfectly hydrated.

Love this stuff!! =D GO MAC
Coastal Scents Cream Liners. The only liner I like from this Company was the Black one.  The rest of the colors I received where very soft almost liquidy (it's hard to explain) and didn't apply well.

No comments:

Post a Comment