Thursday, June 23, 2011

MAC Fluidline Collection + Swatches



I posted my MAC Fluidline collection video on my YouTube channel and I took picture swatches too because sometimes it's just easier looking at the pictures! I've been meaning to post my entire MAC collection but break it down in sections so this is the first part of that little series. I always meant to do it before but my collection was constantly growing and now that I've slowed down buying MAC (even make up in general!) significantly, I thought it'd be the perfect time to start swatching everything! My shadows and lippies are going to be the hardest to swatch so I'll probably have to break those up into groups too! These swatch pictures didn't come out as nice as I'd like them to but I think it's the best I could do with my camera!



TR: Blacktrack, Dipdown, Dark Diversion, Frostlite, Blue Peep
BR: Nightfish, Rich Ground, Macroviolet, Ivy, Siahi


TR: Blacktrack, Dipdown, Dark Diversion, Frostlite, Blue Peep
BR: Nightfish, Rich Ground, Macroviolet, Ivy, Siahi

Like I said in my video, I LOVE MAC Fluidlines! I'm still open to trying out other brands but I've yet to come across one that makes me completely forget about fluidline. It's so smooth and for the price, it's reasonable to me. I like paying more for higher end make up brands because I think it does make a difference most of the time but I'm not willing to shell out $20+ all the time! MAC Fluidline retails for $15 at MAC and the great thing about it is you can B2M (Back 2 MAC) the packaging after you're all done!



Blacktrack

My Blacktrack is really drying out now because it's practically gone already! But this was my first Fluidline and definitely most used. I honestly didn't experience drying until the glass bottom started to show a lot. This color is permanent at MAC.



Dipdown

I've heard a few women use this to fill in their brows but I've never tried it since I don't need that much filling in but I do like using this on lazy make up days when I feel like wearing liner but want a more natural look. This brown is darker and more matte than Rich Ground. This is also a permanent color.



Dark Diversion

Dark Diversion is an LE and came out with the Stylishly Yours Collection at the end of last year. It's a dark plum-y brown and in brighter lighting, the plum shows more. In this swatch it looks dark purply, brown.



Frostlite

I believe this came out with the Holiday 2007 collection but I'm not entirely sure. It's white with a gold sheen to it and I like to use it in the inner corner of my eyes to brighten it up. This was LE.



Blue Peep

I think Blue Peep used to be a permanent color, but like I said in my video they discontinued all the colorful fluidlines and just kept the basic dark colors. This one applies smooth but definitely dries matte. It's super bright and I actually haven't used it yet, but it's so pretty!



Nightfish

Nightfish came out with the Lure Collection I think back in 2006? It's black with a sheen to it and can read slightly lighter than Blacktrack. I use this whenever I can't find my Blacktrack.



Rich Ground

Rich Ground is a permanent color and is described on the website as "reddened coco with frost. It definitely looks frosty but to me the color looks a tad bronzey compared to Dip Down.



Macroviolet

Macroviolet is also a permanent color and shows more purple than Dark Devotion. I love the way this looks when I'm wearing a DARK smokey purple eye.



Ivy

Ivy came out with the Mickey Contractor collection at the beginning of this year. The collection only came out to a few MAC stores and online and I almost missed out on this! The collection was based off of Bollywood make up and had a lot of bright colors. It was described as "bright green" and to me it looks grass green.



Siahi

Siahi was also LE from the Mickey Contractor collection and is a deep turquoise color. The shade reminds me of peacock feathers and has a slight tinge of glitter in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment