Thursday, June 30, 2011

Liquid Foundation Routine for Oily and Hyperpigmented Pimple prone Skin

That title alone is a mouthful!

I'm uploading my YT video on my Summer foundation routine for your viewing.

I wanted to highlight a few things from the video

My Skin Type: Severe hyper pigmentation, pimple prone, and very oily
Goal of my foundation routine: To help prevent oil production and use as little foundation as possible while maximizing coverage.

Tips for oil reduction:
  • Try using oil reducing primers ( Bare Minerals Oil Reducing Prime Time primer, or MACs Matte primer, etc)
  • Apply Milk of Magnesia on your most oily areas and let dry prior to using foundation (this has worked for me for months now)
  • Set your liquid foundation with a veil of sorts ( Bare Minerals Tinted Mineral Veil, MAC Mineralized Skin finish, etc.)
  • Carry blot powder with you. Blot sheets will work as well. A cheap and free blot sheet alternative is to cut up toilet seat covers and stuff em in a ziploc bag and store in your purse. These remove oil JUST like those expensive blotting sheets sold everywhere.
Tips for hyper-pigmentation:
The goal in wearing foundation over hyper-pigmented skin is to wear as little foundation possible while maximizing coverage. You don't want to overcompensate for your hyper-pigmentation by applying too much foundation. So partnering your foundation with products like, tinted moisturizers, tinted mineral veils, and tinted blot and setting powders should help.

I hope you guys appreciate the tutorial. Till next time au revoir! 


No comments:

Post a Comment