Sunday, June 12, 2011

DIY: Sweet CoCo Pomade

Hey ladies! I wanted to share with you all a QUICK, EASY, FUN & CHEAP pomade recipe that I came up with earlier today. I know a lot of my friends are trying to cut back from buying products and are resorting to becoming mixtresses, so THIS is the perfect concoction if you are trying to do the same.

You will need:
Cocoa Butter
Kokum Butter (Optional)
Coconut Oil
Castor Oil
Sweet Almond Oil
Sweet Orange/Lemon Essential Oil
Storage Container



Step One: Melt down the Cocoa Butter, Kokum Butter and Coconut oil over low to medium heat. 

Step Two: Allow the melted down butters to COOL but NOT solidify. I stick mine in the fridge for about 3 minutes.

Step Three: Once the butters are cool, add them to your storage container. If they are too hot and you are using a plastic container the container will melt. BE CAREFUL the contents can be super hot!!

Step Four: Add a cap full of each Castor Oil and Sweet Almond oil to the liquid butters. Mix well.

Step Five: Add your EO's to the mix, stir well and cover the liquid. Allow to cool in the freezer over night.

**After freezing for 1 hour**

This pomade is very yummy for hair strands and dry scalps! I plan on using it to soothe my itchy scalp and to take down my twists/braids to avoid frizziness.  All off the ingredients can be purchased at CamdenGrey.com, excluding the EO's, I got those from Roots Market.

xoxo,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment