Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sundays Best and What's Cooking with Trice!!! (Smothered Curry Chicken)

Hello Lovelies!
Just wanted to post my outfit worn to church last Sunday.  (which is located DEEEEP in the country, hence the background).  I fell in love with this dress when I first saw it because of the ruffles at the bottom...CUTE!

Photobucket So here's the rundown:


  • Sweater:  Gift from boyfriends mom
  • Dress:  Ross baby! ("If it aint Ross...it aint right!")
  • Necklace  A kiosk on Hollywood Blvd in Cali
  • Belt: um.....I forgot
  • Bracelet:  Forum Shops in Caesars Palace (Las Vegas)
  • Watch:  Coach
  • Ring:  Forever 21
  • Heels:  Nine West
  • Photobucket


Guess what....the weekend will be here before you know it!

So What's In The Pot......CURRY CHICKEN!!!!! Mmmmm Mmmm! Good! (My boyfriends FAVORITE...Mine too, it is SOOOO Good !!!)
Ingredients needed:
  • 1 Onion
  • 1 Green bell Pepper
  • 2 cups of Rice
  • Seasoning of Choice
  • Curry Powder
  • 1 can of Chicken Broth
  • and CHICKEN THIGHS of course!
DIRECTIONS:
1.) Clean and season your chicken with seasoning of choice and curry powder.  (Curry powder is very fragrant yet bland which is why I add another seasoning with it.)

2.) Heat up some olive oil in a medium to large pot depending on how many pieces of chicken you have.

3.) While the oil heats up, chop up you onion and green bell pepper and reserve them to the side for later.
4.) When the oil is hot enough, add you chicken to the pot and brown really well on each side.  (You are not trying to completely cook the chicken at this time, just browning.)


OMG!!! It is smelling soooo good at this point!

5.) Once the chicken has browned on each side, take the pieces out of the pot and reserve on a plate, covered, for a few minutes.  Add chopped onion and green pepper to the oil.
 6.) Carmelized the onions and peppers.




7.) Add the chicken back to the pot with the onions and peppers.

8.) Add can of chicken broth to the pot.  Allow pot to come to a boil and once it begins to boil, lower the heat, cover the pot, and let that chicken smother for about 30-45 minutes!  :)



9.) While you chicken is smothering, cook your rice and veggie(s) of choice. I wanted  sweet corn with this meal.  I know most people cook rice over the stove but let me tell you...I LOVE USING THE RICE COOKER!!!  It's so much easier and the rice comes out perfect EVERY time!


Once everything is good and ready, plate, and dinner is served!!! Yall this was soooooo good.  My boo told me that "I stuck my BIG toe, then my foot in this!" LOL  (for those of you who have never heard that before, it means that it was REALLY REALLY GOOD!) LOL!

This dish takes a little time to make but it is sooo flavorful and well worth the wait!  Sometimes when I'm feeling a little festive, I'll add shredded carrots and potatoes but I didnt have any on hand this time so I omitted those items.  Try it out and let me know how it turned out.  Talk to you all later.

~TRICE

No comments:

Post a Comment