Monday, January 17, 2011

Wash Day-Henna #2

It's been a whole week since I've washed my hair and since my last henna treatment. I have never been able to go this long without washing my hair. Yesterday, I knew I couldn't go much longer because my hair was getting FRIZZY, DRY and KNOTTED. So, I made today my wash day and I applied my second henna treatment. I wanted to try something a little different today with my henna mix. The recipe I used is below.

Alex's Henna Mix:
1 box of Jamila Henna
1 Rosemary and Candula Tea Bag
2 cups of warm water (steep the tea bag for 10 minutes)
2 oz of HairVeda's Vatika Oil
1/2 cup of Hello Hydration Conditioner

I mixed the above ingredients until it was creamy and smooth in consistency then I covered the mix for about 15 minutes. Before I applied the henna I spritzed my hair with Green Tea and rinsed with warm water then I towel dried and applied the henna in sections. Once my hair was completely saturated with henna I covered my hair with 2 shower caps (I have too much hair now to use just one, LOL) and my satin bonnet. I plan on letting the henna stay on my hair for about 6 hours. I am in major need of a good DC and since I am off work today, why not make it an all day hair affair? 






No comments:

Post a Comment