Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Capture Curls: Carlyne


Everyone, I am pleased to introduce you to Carlyne. Her hair is awesome and so is her story!
Read about her natural hair routine and journey below.

Enjoy!


Tell me about YOU

 I am originally from New Jersey but live in Miami. I have been natural for almost 2 years now and think that was the best decision Ive ever made. 

Tell me your hair care regimen (do you use heat, natural products, ect...)

My hair regimen right now is pretty simple (at least I think so…hehe) I was every Friday which means I do a deep treatment every Friday. For my deep treatment I apply coconute oil to my hair and leave it in over night but If I do not have the chance to do so then I use my soft bonnet and leave it in for an hour or so. For my wash I use Dr.Bronners soap. I use either Yes to Carrots as my conditioner or Kinky curly Knot today. As my leave-in I use Garnier Frutis. I twist my hair after washing and use both Shea butter and Shea moistures curl enhancing smoothie. By the end of the week my hair turns into a twist-out and then I start my whole process for the next week. To moisturize I use different oils such as: Jojoba oil, coconut oil, or sweet almond oil.


Tell me your texture and what works best on your hair type

My texture is 4a/4b. I would say what works best for me is properly detangling and staying away from heat. I am a product Junkie (yes I confess) so I try a lot of products out. The ones that Ive been looooooving lately are: Kinky curly, Eco styler, Yes to Carrots or Tomatos, and Shea moisture.


Tell me the reaction you got when first going natural

When I first went natural I got a lot of negative reactions to say the least! All my friends thought I was crazy and a lot of people said to me "You're such a pretty girl why would you do this to your hair". I told them all "I wish you could see what you are doing to your hair when you relax it!" LOL. After a while, when I started to learn how to better care for my hair, the reactions changed. I have helped so many of the people who were against the idea transition and they are now NATURAL! 

Did you BC or transition, if so when or for how long?

I did not BC, but I transitioned for about 11 months or so.

 What makes you love your kinks, curls and coils?

 I love them because even on a bad day my hair looks good!! I let it do what it wants! I love the fact that I don’t look like everyone else, my hair has its own identity. A lot of man have approached me telling me that they would rather a woman wear their natural hair.

Where can we find you on the web?:
Www.luvyournaturalhair.blogspot.com or twitter: Creolelioness


Anything EXTRA you want us to know?:

Yes please visit and support my online store www.celaniesvintage.com and twitter: Celaniesvintage

No comments:

Post a Comment