Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My FIRST Bantu Knots

Today, when I got home, my hair was in need of some TLC. I wasn't able to really style my hair this morning and as a result of that my curls were tangled and frizzy. I picked up some Aphogee products from Sally's yesterday and decided to give one a try. The Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor was calling my name, so I used that one first. I have seen rave reviews about this product and I was eager to use it. I detangled my hair in sections, spritzed with green tea and applied a little bit of coconut oil before I washed. Using Vatika Coconut Oil as a pre poo works wonders on my hair and scalp. I washed with a generic shampoo from Whole Foods and then applied the K2MR to my hair, covered for 5 minutes and rinsed. I could definitely feel the difference in my hair once it was towel dried. I plan on adding the product to my regimen, especially since my hair is color treated.

(to read details about this product and it's benefits CLICK HERE)

Once my hair was all clean I stretched it with my blow dryer and then parted in 6 sections. I flat twisted my roots and chunky twisted my ends. During this process I decided, why not try BANTU KNOTS. I wrapped the chunky twist around it self a secured with a bobby pin. While I was twisting I used my Curl Clouds product to add some "stiffness" (helps me twist better) and Curls Curl Souffle to add moisture.



I hope the results come out nice. 
To see the bantu knot results click the jump.
I will be taking them down in the AM so I can wear my very first Bantu Knot Out. 










No comments:

Post a Comment