Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mini Haul: Kim Kardashian Perfume, Sephora x Hello Kitty, & Maybelline Fit Me Foundation

Just wanted to share my recent hauls with you! I didn't shop much when I was on Guam, except for the MAC Champale and the Stylishly Yours collection (I'll be posting those next) but I did order a couple things from the Sephora x Hello Kitty collection but I had them sent to my sister because apparently Sephora doesn't ship to Guam! I picked up a couple things when I got back to the mainland too and I actually took pictures kinda fast so I thought I'd share them with you.



Kim Kardashian Perfume Set


At first I really didn't like the smell of this perfume because it really reminded me of plumeria leis and I was never really fond of them growing up in Hawaii but for some reason this scent really grew on me. I hope it works well with my body chemistry! I've hesitated buying it for the past couple of months just because of the price, but when I saw this on sale at the BX today, I had to have it! It was only $29.08 for a 3.4 oz bottle, lotion, and body wash! That is a freaking steal because I know the bottle itself costs around $50. Check out how big this bottle is compared to my hand:





I'm sure you Hello Kitty fanatics have already heard a lot about the Sephora x Hello Kitty collection, but if you haven't already, I don't know what rock you've been hiding under! The collection should be launching this month in Sephora stores but it was released online to Beauty Insiders a couple weeks ago. I personally don't like ordering online unless I've seen what it looks like in person before so I only ordered a couple things. I got the Apple Balm and Pen Pal Eyeliner in Goodnight Dreams.





balm & pen liner


I would say the balm is more peachy in color than apple-y and applies pretty sheer. It's really soft and the first time I touched it I thought it would be more firm and I ended up getting more product than I needed to. It applies pretty sheer and as a first impression it's kind of moisturizing but I haven't worn it for a few hours to actually test the moisture factor. The first thing I noticed about the pen liner was how black the line came out in my first swatch. It needs some drying time because I tried to wipe it off maybe a minute later and it still smudge so you might need to be careful with that. Again, these are just first impressions but I'll let you know what I really think about them.



liner first swatch, thin line, apple balm


I went to Target to pick up some school supplies because I start school tomorrow -___- and of course, I went down the make up aisle. I saw the new Maybelline "Fit Me" Foundation collection and I thought I'd try it out. They actually have a pretty broad spectrum of colors and I was pleasantly surprised. There still isn't that much choice for the darker women out there, but there's quite a few for the ones in between. I'm hoping this one matches me perfectly but we'll see. It was only $7 so I thought, why the hell not? I picked shade 325 Honey Beige.








I'm hoping to post up my MAC Collection soon, but I haven't even begun taking pictures yet! Just looking at all my make up is a constant reminder that I really don't need any more make up [even though I know I just bought some!] but I semi-kind of started doing Project 10 Pan, but obviously I'm not doing too good. I am almost done with a few of the things I picked out though! I start school tomorrow so I really need to head to bed. Let me know if you've tried anything from the Sephora x Hello Kitty collection or the new Maybelline foundations!

No comments:

Post a Comment