Thursday, January 13, 2011

MAC Stylishly Yours & Champ-Pale Collection Haul

I was in Guam when this collection launched and I felt like it took forever to come out! I was kind of grateful that they at least had MAC there because they don't have Sephora or Ulta! Brian always warned me that they don't really have the same things they do out in the states, but I thought since they have MAC, I'd be OK. I'm so used to hitting up MAC the day the collection comes out (because I'm an addict like that!) but I went the day after Christmas [when Stylishly Yours was supposed to launch] and they told me they didn't have it yet! I went for the next couple days after and they still didn't have anything! They said they were waiting for the shipment to come in. I didn't go back to MAC until the weekend after and they finally had it, but even then they were missing a lipstick and one of the cream colors! They said they "didn't get that one" - which is kind of weird to me, but I picked up a few things since I got a gift card from Brian's dad for Christmas! :)



in the boxes

I picked Rose Ole Highlight Powder instead of Chez Chez Lame because the latter did not show up on my skin at all! Rose Ole is like a perfect highlighter for me because it kind of blends with my skin but you can still see the shimmer. You can tell from my swatches without flash you can barely tell it was there. I took the pictures in daylight so it kind of washed it out a little. Dark Diversion Fluidline is like a deep plum color - I think it would look really pretty with a neutral eye, but I haven't tried it yet. Madly Personal Pigment isn't super pigmented like I expected it to be, but I really liked the color! And Movie Star Red Cream Color Base is more pinkish red than red red but I like it. FYI if you use your CCBs for multiple things this color isn't safe for lids! Don't think anyone would use it on their lids, but just in case.



Rose Ole, Movie Star Red CCB, Madly Personal, Dark Diversion Fluidline, Chilled on Ice PP, Let Me Pop PP, Vintage Selection PP, Dangerous Cuvee PP


Rose Ole, Movie Star Red CCB, Madly Personal, Dark Diversion Fluidline, Chilled on Ice PP, Let Me Pop PP, Vintage Selection PP, Dangerous Cuvee PP

I ended up getting all the paint pots from the collection because MAC rarely comes out with new colors! At first I was only planning on getting Dangerous Cuvee because it's gray and I'm always doing a smokey eye, but I ended up liking all of them! They seem to have a lot more shimmer than all the other paint pots I own. Most of the ones I have are like Painterly or Soft Ochre where they're kind of matte in color and just solid and I have a few like Rubenesque that have a little shimmer but all four of these have more shimmer than that.



Chilled on Ice, Let Me Pop, Vintage Selection, Dangerous Cuvee

Overall, I'm really happy with what I got. The Cham Pale collection was more neutral / light colors and I think a lot of stuff from it would look great on lighter skin tones (hence, Cham-PALE) which is why I skipped on the lipsticks and the eyeshadow quad, but the paint pots are great if you like doing a lot of neutral, everyday looks. The Stylishly Yours collection looked better in the promo pics than they did in person but I still picked up what caught my eye. I know a lot of people are getting disenchanted by MAC because they do a lot of repromotes, but I'm still a MAC girl through and through! I've toned down a lot in what I choose to buy but I still manage to find a few things that I like from every new collection.




Rose Ole, Movie Star Red, Madly Personal, Dark Diversion


Chilled on Ice, Vintage Selection, Let Me Pop, Dangerous Cuvee


Dark Diversion, Madly Personal, Movie Star Red, Rose Ole


Dark Diversion, Madly Personal, Movie Star Red, Rose Ole

No comments:

Post a Comment