Saturday, January 15, 2011

Urban Decay Naked Palette Review - WCC Woman of Color

Woop Woop! Feast your eyes on Urban Decay's Naked Eyeshadow Palette!
I'm a proud owner! Don't worry about it!
By now, I'm sure that many of you are familiar with this palette or have at least heard of it so I'll keep the description brief. Basics: This palette comes with 12 more or less neutral colors that are supposed to compliment everyone. I can't speak for all skin shades but I can speak for mine and I can confirm that the colors in this palette will look great on darker skinned beauties.
Getting right to it, I highly recommend this palette.


To see more pictures, expand this post by clicking on its title.


Here's a birds eye view of the palette! To see a larger view of the picture, just click it
The swatches, respectively.


Naked is one of the two matte shades in this palette


Buck is the second of the two matte shades in this palette


Pros:
  • 12 full size shadows for $44. ( averaging less than $3.75 per shadow)
  • The colors glide on with ease/Easy to blend
  • Very pigmented colors
  • Another ABSOLUTE PERK is that the mirror in this palette is an "actual" mirror! It's not that cheapy plastic thing that other palettes include to say they have a mirror.
  • Of course being that the palette is inclusive of so many colors, you have several 'look" options
  • The eyeliner pencils are pigmented and glide on smoothly as well =D
My palette came with the double ended pencil liner. The newer palettes will come with a brush.
Originally, the Naked palette came out with a double ended pencil and the palette retailed for $44. Now, the palette comes with a brush which has bumped the retail value to $48.
The reason behind this is that Urban Decay was not able to obtain enough of the raw material needed for the pencils. Naturally, this slowed down production and led to an inability to meet consumer demand. In response, Urban Decay has replaced the double ended pencil with a brush instead. The brush itself retails for $26 (hence the bump in price). 




Cons:

  • The only con for me is that "Whiskey" (brown eyeliner pencil) does not really show up on my skin. BUT, I have a work around for that. I use it on by brows instead or as a base to my brown eyeshadow looks. Problem solved!
  • This con is more of a practice of the company and not an actual con regarding the palette's performance. This is one of two of my Urban Decay palettes (I also own the book of shadows Volume III). In those two alone, I have a duplicate color "Smog". Urban Decay should stop repeating their colors. From a consumer POV, it's cheap and easy to do that. I don't want to spend money on duplicate colors just to get the 3 or 4 newly released colors. So, it may be that I don't purchase their palettes frequently as I'm really not interested in dups. However, Urban Decay shadows are by far some of my favorites.
My first look with this palette
I truly adore this palette and anxiously look forward to more looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment