Monday, January 3, 2011

Loc'd Man: AJ


Meet AJ and his GORGEOUS LOC'S!
Read his Loc story below.

Tell us a little about yourself? (ex. name, age, state, school)
My name is Aj Kimpson and I am from Clinton Maryland. Currently a senior at bowie state University, majoring in Psychology.  

How long have you been growing your locs?
Growing locs for 4 years of love and hate, LOL.

What do you use on your hair, product wise, to maintain it?
The woman who does my hair uses the Jamaican mango and lime products but it is washed and conditioned with Dove’s shampoo

How often do you have to wash and re-twist your loc’s and who styles them? 
My hair is for the most part washed and re-twisted every month I’ve waited longer at times but a month is the ideal time being that the grain of my hair cancels the longevity of “fresh locs.” 

What do you think about women with natural hair? Do you care if your woman is relaxed, natural or loc’d?
I honestly just ask for a woman to take care of herself whether it is natural or with weave, as long as you’re presentable and not showing off damaged hair you are alright with me.

Do you think women who choose to loc their hair are sexy?
I find some woman with loc’d hair sexy, but it’s all on how you present it.

What are the pros and cons about having your hair loc’d?
The pro’s of having loc’s is being free willed and not conforming to anyone’s set rules of how I should wear my hair. I’ll get a haircut when I feel as though that’s what I want to do or any other style of hair.  The con’s are being negatively profiled with others who don’t share the same goals or morals as me, and it also gets in the way at times like showering brushing teeth and things of that sort


What made you decide to loc your hair? Have you always had hair or did you start your loc’s from “scratch?”
I was about 19 when I started my loc’s still stuck on trends and not wanted to be the last man standing with twist or corn rolls; a lot of people won’t admit that. I cut my hair down to a good start size so they would lock faster.
What makes a woman’s hair beautiful to you?
Beautiful hair stands out to me, when its noticeable and done well. I observe a lot of things and I barely miss anything so if it’s a track slipping chances are I seen it or if a girls scalp is dry I probably didn’t miss it, but everybody has bad hair days so I don’t judge the first time. As far as what’s beautiful hair, I would say anything that’s done nice and not trashy natural or permed or even the invisible part when it’s not gaping wide.

Do you have any advice for my readers who are considering loc’ing their hair?
If any readers are thinking about loc’S, ONE word patience . Do the time don’t let the time do you

 Where can we find you on the web?
You can find me on twitter.com/staxxisback 


No comments:

Post a Comment