Monday, January 24, 2011

Product Review: Maybelline Fit Me Powder Foundation




PRODUCT: 3/5
PACKAGING: 3/5
QUALITY: 3/5
GRADE: B
PRICE: $6 - $8 at drugstores [I got it for $7 at Target]
WOULD I REPURCHASE? No [read my overall for reasons!]

WHAT MAYBELLINE SAYS:
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
It's makeup that doesn't mess with you.
• Natural coverage that leaves skin the way it was meant to be…fresh, breathing, flawless
• No oils, no waxes, no nonsense

"Flawless that lets the real you come through. Beyond matching: fresh, breathable, natural, natural finish."
[from maybelline.com]

PROS
+ Affordable
+ Feels lightweight
+ Wide range of colors for light to medium skin tones
+ Doesn't look cakey, even with a lot of layers

CONS
- Doesn't last all day
- Packaging is kind of cheap
- Not a wide range of colors for darker women






OVERALL

I thought it was just OK. I like that it's really affordable (under $10!) and that it doesn't apply cakey at all. If I keep layering MAC Studio Fix, it starts to look cakey, but with this foundation, if I applied 3 layers with a dense kabuki brush, you could just barely tell that I have make up on. I really like that for everyday use because nobody wants to look like a cake face! I couldn't tell that I was wearing powder at all when I had this on. The powder is light to medium coverage, which might explain why it doesn't look cakey.

The "Fit Me" line seems to have expanded the color choices for light to medium skin tones, but the darker skin tones are SOL. I'm an NC42-44 in MAC and in the fit me line, I was shade 325 which is the 3rd or 4th darkest one. I'm pretty sure women of color have as much variety in shades as lighter women do, so it kind of annoys me when brands claim that you can find your "perfect match" and they don't really have a huge variety. The packaging feels like cheap plastic, which doesn't bother me, but I'm sure if you dropped it enough times, it would crack. Another thing I noticed was it doesn't last all day. I have an oily t-zone, but it's not as oily in the winter, and I noticed the foundation faded first from there.

I personally wouldn't buy this foundation again just because I prefer the way higher end foundation works with my skin and this didn't wow me enough to get HG status. But if you're on a budget and you don't need a lot of coverage, this foundation is definitely worth at try. But if you need heavier coverage and especially if you have oily skin, I don't recommend this at all. I did a short review video on YouTube, too, if you wanna check it out! I'm not sure why it looks like there's a little cloud in front of my face though... lol


No comments:

Post a Comment