Thursday, January 20, 2011

Captured Curls: YT's own "Curly Chronicals"

Today's Captured Curls is another one of my YT favorites, Curly Chronicals!
Her hair is awesome and so are her videos. Check her story out below.



Tell me about YOU
I'm born and mostly raised in Los Angeles but my mom is a New Yorker and we moved a few times back n forth.  I like the sun so I'm happy she chose to stay here! I work for a chamber of commerce full time and serve on a non profit board for the yoga studio I helped open called The Infinite in Long Beach which provides donation based yoga to the community.  I've been natural since 2003 and my hair's never looked better!

  Tell me your hair care regimen (do you use heat, natural products, ect...)
I normally wash once every 5 days or once a week if I'm being lazy with NjoiCreations Apple Cider Vinegar poo bar. I style with Giovanni Direct leave in or Kinky Curly Knot Today and either shea butter, grapeseed oil  or coconut oil.  If I need to deep condition, I'll use an oil, maybe olive oil or a mix of banana, avocado and olive oil for a hair mask..it helps deliver some much needed moisture!

Tell me your texture and what works best on your hair type
I feel like my texture is 4a primarily but it's somewhat fine, pretty thick and definitely more textured in some areas and slightly looser in others.  Leave in conditioners are great for my hair and lighter moisture sealers like coconut oil are best. I don't think my hair does well with protein treatments though.

 Tell me the reaction you got when first going natural
I didn't really get one at all.  I got some compliments and some questions on products I used.

Did you BC or transition, if so when or for how long?
I didn't do either truly, I got a perm way back when in jr. high and it grew out over time but the flat ironing and coloring damaged it more so I snipped off most of the color and stringy pieces - it was more like a mini chop because not too too much had to be cut. I wore kinky twists for about 8 months I think,  I wasn't too knowledgeable about natural hair and I was a college student lol.


 What makes you love your kinks, curls and coils?
It's healthy hair that I can see and touch. I never thought much of my hair before or much about the health of it. But I'm doing something right in the present moment because it's growing and it's softer.  I'm big on health so this is a huge deal for me :)

Where can we find you on the web?
On youtube - www.youtube.com  and on twitter -www. twitter.com/curlychronicles

Anything EXTRA you want us to know?
I hope to continue women to embrace and enjoy their natural tresses..it's really cool when you find out something really amazing about yourself. For a lot of women, realizing that their natural hair is gorgeous can really blow their minds. Let's continue to blow our own minds as well as the minds of others!

No comments:

Post a Comment