Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Urban Decay Book of Shadows III - Urban Decay Loves NYC (click read more for swatches)


Today's Review: Urban Decay's book of Shadows Volume III

First off, I want Urban Decay to know that I forgive them for not using "Urban Decay Loves Cali". Secondly, I'd like to mention that this palette is AMAZING.


                             
                            What the case look like from a birds eye view
                             
                                This is the artwork that "pops up"when you open it


Pros:
  • If you don't have Urban Decay shadows this is a great starter palette for those who like bold colors
  • Urban decay shadows in general blend very well
  • Given that the palette has 16 colors, you have the ability to create several looks
  • I like that the case is sturdy, makes me feel like my shadows are protected
  • The pencil liners glide on easily and work well on lining both your upper and lower lids
  • The primer potion is great in fighting oily lids (like mine) and it prolongs shadow wear
Cons: 
  • The mirror is hidden behind the NYC art work, making the mirror useless.
  • Just as I mentioned in my Naked palette review. I don't like that Urban Decay repeats their colors. This is not necessarily a con in terms of how the palette delivers. But I only have 2 Urban Decay palettes and I already have a dup "Smog". Lovely colors...but I don't want more duplicates.
To see more pictures, expand this post by clicking on its title.




This palette comes with 16 eyeshadow colors. 2 pencil liners and a mini primer potion
Swatch of all the colors except psychedelic (it'll be in a later picture)




  

Lastly, here's a look I did using this palette. To see more pictures of this look go here .





No comments:

Post a Comment