Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Original Moxie Natural Hair Care (Mini Review)


I have some exciting news to share with you all! I was contacted by Rachel, the owner of Original Moxie, to try her line of all natural hair care products. First of all, I was super shocked when I got the email that she wanted me to give her products a try. I see a lot of  my other more "popular" blog sisters getting products to review, so this was an exciting moment for me. When Rachel emailed me she was very good at detailing what her company was about and I was immediately intrigued by her description; and OF COURSE I agreed to give the products a go. I asked Rachel to SURPRISE me with that she thinks would work for my hair type and regimen. She did just that and I got my package yesterday.


 Original Moxie's products are mostly made from organic and unrefined ingredients. For those of you who've been reading my blog for a while, you know that I LOVE organic goodies. I received full sizes of the Get Clean No-Foam Shampoo, Intense Quench Deep Conditioner, Twist Mist Lightweight Shine spray, Scalp Therapy and Emoillience Penetrating Moisture. OMG, can you say HEAVEN! I was also sent me some sample sizes of other goodies to try; along with a sheet on how to use everything and a regimen outline. Let me start by saying that everything smells amazing. Very fresh, earthy and clean. I like the scents because they are not too overpowering and they don't linger in the hair. 

Once I opened the package and set everything out I was so impressed with the ingredient lists. All of the products were loaded with amazing ingredients. The No-Foam shampoo caught my interest the most. Its filled with  things like: Aqueous Extracts of Amla, Bhringraj, Neem, Red Sandalwood and Rosehips. Best of all it's sufate free. Moxie products have Ayurvedic herbs in them, which is good since I am transitioning to an all Ayurvedic hair care regimen. These products fit in perfectly with my personal hair care and goals.

 My hair was freshly washed Sunday so I couldn't used the shampoo and conditioner last night BUT I did need to re-twist my hair. I was dying to try SOMETHING from the line so I did. I decided to give the sample sized products a try. I used the Lux Locks Style and Shine with the Everyday Leave-in Detangling Conditioner to twist my hair then I sealed my ends with the Emollience Penetrating Moisture
Before applying the Moxie products I spritzed my hair with water and finger combed. I then applied the detangling leave in conditioner and oh my goodness was I impressed, my hair sucked that stuff up! I used my denman to gently get out some of the knots I had and the brush slid through my hair with such ease. Many of you know that I love leave in conditioners, I am happy to say that this one will be my new staple. Once my hair was ready to be twisted I added a small amount of the Lux Locks. My twist's immediately plumped up and my ends coiled very nicely. Lastly, I sealed with the Emollience product and VIOLA!, my twists wear pump, soft and moisturized. 


Click jump for more.


I am very pleased on how my hair turned out this morning. I was able to achieve SUPER soft hair and nice curl definition from the Moxie products that I tried last night. My mom even compliments on how soft and healthy my hair looked. Her exact words were "it doesn't look dry today, I like it." (LOL, thanks mom.) When I took down my twists I usually use Vatika oil to prevent frizz but today I did not need any. My hair unraveled easily and was not frizzy at all, that is a huge plus for me. I added some water to my edges along with the Just Gel  and Hair Bling Pomade samples I received. I smoothed my edges with my finger tips, then followed up with a brush and then wrapped with a scarf. Honestly, I have never not used my Eco Styler Gel to lay my edges down, so I was skeptical at first but once I took my scarf off I was literally amazed! The Just Gel held my hair in place without any type of hard/sticky/crunchy feeling. The Hair Bling left me with a nice finish and subtle shine. I love my results. 





I am so excited to review the FULL line on my wash day and make a YouTube video about my experience. I plan to try and wash my hair on camera for the first time with the Original Moxie products. I want to give my hair at least 2 weeks to adjust to the new products so I will be using nothing but Moxie on my hair along with my Henna treatments. It's only fair and I am NOT complaining. So far, I can definitely see Moxie products being my new go-to hair care products. Please stay tuned for another review and a new YT video.

If you are interested in trying Original Moxie products for your self, click the links that are bold underlined and scattered throughout the post. Samples of the products can be found here and information about the company can be found here.

Want to save 10% on your order? Type in TGHB at check out. 

Please leave your comments and questions below in the comment box.


Disclaimer: All products or tools reviewed on this blog are always 100% honest and fair to maintain the integrity of The "Good Hair"Blog. These products were sent to me courtesy of Original Moxie. I was not paid for this review.




No comments:

Post a Comment