Monday, January 31, 2011

Product Review: Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara



PRODUCT: 5/5
PACKAGING: 4/5
QUALITY: 4.5/5
GRADE: A
PRICE: $19 from sephora.com
WOULD I REPURCHASE? Yes

WHAT BENEFIT SAYS
Sexy, sultry, pure unadulterated black mascara for full, voluminous lashes. It's as BAD as you want to be! Famously big, bodacious brush coats lashes with our super black formula. [from benefit.com

PROS
+ Lengthening
+ Somewhat volumizing
+ A lot of product
+ Easy to take off

CONS
- A little pricey [$19 for full size]
- Huge brush - might be hard to use for people with short lashes

OVERALL
As you can tell I REALLY liked this mascara and I think it's saying a lot because I'm not easily impressed at all by make up products. In fact, at first I didn't think this mascara was anything special! The thing about people who make reviews right away, I feel, is that they don't really get the full experience using the product for a couple days and then judging it, which is why I don't do reviews right away. But I used this for a good 3 - 4 months and I definitely liked it a lot. I didn't start liking it til after a few weeks of use because as it got exposed to air, it got a little thicker and I started to notice a lot more volumizing and lengthening. I didn't fully see the difference until I stopped using it and started using MAC Opulash and realized it didn't work as well as Bad Gal Lash!

I have thick, long-ish lashes and I could REALLY see the difference. I think you can really tell in my August 2010 Favorites Video and I think you can really see my lashes there. I tried to think of major cons with this mascara, but I really don't have any. It didn't give me racoon eyes, clump, or crack when I wore it. The only thing I really didn't like about it is the price, but I think in terms of size, it has more product than Dior Show Mascara. I've heard some girls complain about how huge the brush is but I actually liked the big brush. If you're not too keen on spending $19 on a mascara either, you could always opt for the mini sizes that Sephora has in it's little bins or even online. Mascara is kind of easy to grade because you either love it or hate it and Benefit's Bad Gal Lash was definitely love!


the huge brush


my youtube review

No comments:

Post a Comment