Thursday, January 6, 2011

Brazilian Wax at the European Wax Center



I was contacted by Christine to check out this new waxing center in Tucson called European Wax Center. She told me that if I wanted to blog about, I could try out one of their services and take pictures of the place for my blog. Of course, I said yes! It took me a while to schedule something because of my busy schedule but I found time before I left on vacation to schedule a Brazilian Wax. I know right, OUCH! This may be TMI for some people, but I've had a Brazilian done a few times and I remember the first time I was SO scared and nervous I Googled other people's experiences with Brazilians, but they're pretty hard to find! There's a bunch of advice on how to prepare and how to take care of it after but I wanted someone's personal account, so I thought I would share my experience as well as talk about European Wax Center!



the front desk


The facility itself is small, I almost missed it when we were driving there, but since they only do waxing services, I wouldn't think you need a huge place! I like the color scheme of the place, the yellow/tan is calming and the red adds a little spice. To me it's calming, but not boring. I especially love the hallway how it has the arches made of bricks so it kind of an older feel to it. I think it gives it character.



hallway to all the rooms


I personally like waxing better than shaving because it's a lot cleaner and it takes longer for the hair to grow back. You're supposed to arrive I believe 5 - 10 minutes before your appointment but I showed up late! >___< I swear I made an appointment for 7 PM but they had me down for 6:45 PM and I came right at 7. I know I'm horrible! If you're more than 10 minutes late, they put you down as a no show but they were nice enough to take me in anyway. It's been a couple weeks but I think my waxer's name was Kayleigh? They said she was quick and she really was - it was the fastest Brazilian I ever had done. Kayleigh took me into one of their rooms which was a nice, clean room with one of those salon beds with tissue paper covering the top. They definitely don't waste any time - she had me strip and lie down right away! Idk if it's because I was late and we were in a rush or that's just how they do it.



door to one of the rooms


The couple other times I had it done, they would leave the room while you strip and come back in after 5 minutes when you're lying down or sometimes give you a cloth to cover yourself. At first I was kind of like whoa because I stripped down with my waxer in the room and it's kind of awkward but when I thought about it, you want it done ASAP. She did have her back turned and waited for me to give the OK, so it wasn't too bad. In my experience, the longer you wait, the more nervous you get. She got to work right away, and before I knew it, it was over! It's most awkward when they don't talk to you because you're kind of just lying there while they're working on your stuff. Kayleigh talked to me the whole time, which made me feel really comfortable.




the table you lie on


She walked me through the whole waxing process and explained what she was doing and why she was doing it. First they wipe the area then apply this other stuff that makes the wax apply smoother - it's been a few weeks so I can't remember exactly what it was, but I'm sure they'll be glad to explain it to you if you ask. The interesting thing about European Wax Center is the wax. They use stripless wax developed in Europe and what basically happens is they apply the wax onto your skin and it dries pretty solid, then the waxer pulls of a little corner of it and pulls it off like a regular wax strip. It's supposed to be a lot less painful than regular wax, but let's be real - waxing down there is going to hurt! It is less painful than regular waxing, but it still hurts! Either their wax is really or Kayleigh is an amazing waxer because I swear she had the whole thing done (front & back) in 15 minutes! Or maybe, it's both! She was explaining the wax to me, how her and her co-workers had to figure out how to work with the new wax, and how the founder found out about the wax and before I knew it I was all smooth. ;]



corner where you can put your purse & clothes [if necessary!]


I'm not being paid or compensated to talk about their Wax Center if you're wondering, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. They specialize in strictly waxing so it's not like a spa where they do facials or massages. When Christine contacted me, I had no idea until I went to my appointment that she was the owner of the Tucson location! I really appreciate that she reached out to me and she keeps up with their Twitter account and responds pretty quickly. Their customer service gets an A+ in my book! What really got me though was definitely the prices. Normally Brazilians cost around $60 - which is why I've only gotten it done a few times - but I only paid $20 for it! They had a special where the first one is half price, but normally it cost $40 - which is still cheap for a Brazilian to me! You can view an entire list of their services and prices on their website www.waxcenter.com. If it's your first time you can choose from a bikini line, under arm, or eye brow wax for free [for men it's eyebrow, ear or nose] and they have a referral program when you tell your friends about them you get $5 off your next service. They have over 165 locations in the United States if you're not in Tucson, just check out their website for a list of locations.


Overall it was a great experience. I don't know if every European Wax Center looks like the one I went to, but it's pretty nice in there. The staff is friendly and my waxer was quick, professional, and sanitary. I did notice that she changed her wax stick every time she applied wax - which I definitely appreciate. You don't want the wax bowl getting contaminated by other people! They're definitely worth checking out and I was surprised at how many locations as well as how cheap their price list is! I'm definitely going back soon, I think I wanna try an underarm wax next time!


I know I didn't really give the gory details about Brazilian waxing, but if you had questions, feel free to email me or even formspring me questions, I'd be glad to answer. It's not the easiest thing to talk about [for me anyway!] so I kind of know what it's like to have questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment