Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sephora Friends & Family Haul


the loot



Here's my haul from the Sephora Friends & Family Sale! I ordered twice because I ordered the wrong color of MUFE foundation and when I tried to exchange in store, they wouldn't give me the discount for it! I'm really happy with everything I bought - especially the NARS shadows which were on sale for only $10! They're normally $32. If you missed the sale, but you're a Sephora VIB you can still get 20% off in stores with a coupon (sent to your email) or using code VIB20 online. I'm still debating if I should get the Urban Decay Book of Shadows III but I don't know! With the 20% off it'll be the price of the UD Naked Palette! But ugh! I really don't need any more make up! I got the Tokidoki Brush Set, NARS Duos in Cheyenne and Wicked, Make Up Forever Duo Matte Powder in 209, NARS Lip Gloss Duo in Sayonara & Turkish Delight, Kat Von D Lipstick in Cathedral (sample), & Tarina Tarantino Primer (sample).



Tokidoki Brush Set





I've been wanting this set for a while and I waited for the sale just to get them. I've used it a couple times, and they are pretty good brushes but the little heads - even though they're super cute - kind of get in the way. They make the brushes feel heavier at the end and I was kind of surprised the first time I used it how heavy they are. I also think that the heads might get damaged from storage because I store my brushes standing up and one of them has already gotten a little dirty. I love the eyeliner brush though! I'm super picky with it and I haven't found anything better than the MAC 266 but this one definitely is comparable to it.



NARS Duo in Wicked


NARS Duo in Cheyenne



These were on sale on the Sephora website for $10 each! They only had a choice between these two colors and I wasn't sure about getting Wicked because the swatches that I googled weren't that pigmented but I'm glad I got them because they're both pretty pigmented! And c'mon, NARS shadows for $10?! That's insane. I don't think my swatch does these justice but I did a haul video I still need to edit and I think you can see the colors better in it! I'll post it when I'm done



MUFE Duo Matte in 209

Everyone just raves about this powder so I had to try it out for myself. I don't think I've seen anyone say bad things about it other than it's kind of pricey ($32 a pop!) but I've used it a couple times and I have to say I'm liking it so far. I don't know if I can classify this under HG status but I was surprised at how lightweight it applies but still is enough coverage to hide my blemishes. I'm still testing it out though, so maybe I'll do a review on it.



Kat Von D Lipstick in Cathedral



I chose this as my 100 point sample. It looks like it's the size of the mini lipsticks in the new Kat Von D Holiday Lipstick set but it might be a little smaller. It's described as a "spiced pinkish brown" and it's definitely a color I would wear a lot. I think it's a great fall color! I feel like the finish is like a cross between MAC's matte finish and lustre finish. It's opaque and looks matte, but it's a little shiny and kind of moisturizing.





Sayonara


Turkish Delight



I actually went to the VIB event Thursday night and I got this then. I went because they were supposedly giving out these totes for free but the email said the even started at 6 and when I went to pay at 7 they already ran out! I was like, why are you advertising this but not having enough totes?! These were only $10 and I think theres two other color combos you can choose from but I really wanted it for Sayonara. It's such a pretty color and super pigmented! I already have Turkish Delight and I do like it too but I noticed it's nowhere near as pigmented as Sayonara. I had to apply Turkish Delight 3 times to get this lip swatch but Sayonara only took once! Then again if Turkish Delight was as pigmented I would probably look like I had jizz lips LOL!

I got the Tarina Tarantino sample for downloading the iPhone app and just showing it to them! I'm not sure if they're still doing it but I was kind of annoyed when I went in and the sales associate had no idea what I was talking about she was like do you have the email? I was like it says to just show you the app? I hate when people don't know about things! But I still got it so I was happy lol. Since I said I'll start being a little more personal, I pretty much wasted my Saturday because I spent half the day being hungover and when I got over that, I got my period and I had the worst cramps! I doubt I have any male readers so whatever haha but I was just wondering what do you guys do when you have super bad cramps? When I used to take my birth control I never had any but I haven't been taking it since Brian left and every time I stop the cramps are KILLER!! :( Hope that's not TMI! But what did you guys get from the F&F sale?

No comments:

Post a Comment