Sunday, November 21, 2010

Review: EOS Lip Balm Review





PRODUCT: 3/5
PACKAGING: 3/5
QUALITY: 3/5
GRADE: B
PRICE: about $3 each at Walgreens & other drugstores
WOULD I REPURCHASE? Probably not

WHAT EOS SAYS: eos lip balm is 95% organic, 100% natural, and paraben and petrolatum free. Packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil, eos keeps your lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth.

PROS
+ Really affordable
+ Unique packaging
+ Organic
+ Smells yummy!

CONS
- Feels waxy when applied
- Have to reapply often, doesn't keep lips moisturized long
- Bulky packaging
- A little expensive for drugstore lip balm

OVERALL: I bought this from Ulta in Honeysuckle because I've seen so many people rave about this product and you have to admit, the packaging is definitely eye catching. The lip balm is $3 each which is really affordable, but when you think about chapstick being $1 each it seems kind of expensive. I was expecting to be wowed by this product because I have SUPER chapped lips all the time, especially in the Winter, but I wasn't. It moisturizes my lips when I do apply it, but when it fades my lips go back to being chapped. It actually feels kind of waxy on the lips like the product is just sitting on there instead of moisturizing.

The packaging is kind of bulky, but it make sit really easy to find in your purse or make up bag, but I feel kind of awkward busting it out in the middle of class because it's so big! It does smell really good - my sister had the Summer Fruit and it smelled amazing - but I don't think I would repurchase this just because it didn't moisturize my lips, but I'm sure someone who doesn't have chapped lips all the time like I do would like it. I'm kind of sad that it didn't work for me because so many people love it, but it was just okay to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment