Monday, November 22, 2010

Sephora's Glitter Liners



Observation:
Depending on how thick you layer it, it can take anywhere from 30 to 90 seconds to dry fully. 
I have very curly eyelashes so it can be a little difficult for me to apply because the soft brush tips don't stand a chance against my thick curly lashes (my lashes curl inwards so much that I can easily get the glitter liner on them). The glitter can be somewhat sparse per swipe so you may need to apply more layers to get desired concentration. I don't find that this is an isolated issue with Sephora Liners, other glitter liners require more than one swipe as well (i.e Urban Decay and Too Faced liners) **Click "Read more" for a continued review (pros & cons) and swatches
To see more pictures, expand this post by clicking on its title.


Pros:
  • Price - these liners cost $12/liner which is cheaper than some popular glitter liners
    • Urban Decay - $18
    • Too Faced - $17.50
  • The liners can create a nice line of glittery goodness (granted you may have to layer)
  • They wash off easily
  • The fact that the brush applicator is soft and bendable is definitely a pro for some. This allows you to rely on the entire brush to apply the liner as opposed to just the tip.



Cons:
  • I've noticed that this product stings the heck out of my eyelids. I've done skin tests on my hands and it doesn't burn at all. 

I ended up reading the reviews on Sephora's website and learned that SEVERAL people have experienced burning lids as well. 









Click Here to View the Link To this product:


Because it irritates my lids, this is the type of product I highly recommend one tries prior to purchasing a bunch of colors. I don't recommend trying this in the store (people just aren't all that sanitary nowadays). I recommend purchasing one color and trying it on at home, and if you don't like it or it stings Sephora is REALLY good at honoring their return policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment