Monday, November 15, 2010

Captured Curls: Keish


Meet the beautiful Keish!
She is one of my natural hair idols and a favorite twitter friend of mine.
I asked to feature her earlier today and she sent her story, which I love.
Read her interview below.

Enjoy!

1. pic one (wearing Dr. Pepper shirt) is hair freshly washed and detangled. pic two is me camera whoring in my truck (my hair is Day 2 of a flat-twist out). lol

2. Hey, I'm Keish. *waves* I'm a 25 year old wife, mother, and full-time student. In about a year and a half, I'll be a registered nurse working in the field of Oncology. I have the most infectious and obnoxious sense of humor, and can be a pain in the arse. Other than that, I enjoy reading, cleaning (I can NOT stand a mess), and putting together puzzles with my 4yr old daughter. I love to shop, but mostly online...I hate malls. :-) I am a recovering Product Junkie who's product stash has taken over my linen closet. Oh, and I love shoes. *big grin*

3. My regimen is pretty boring...I wash once a week with Chagrin Valley's "Butter Bar Conditioning" Shampoo Bar, then deep condition overnight with Yes to Carrots' "Hair & Scalp Moisturizing Mud Mask". After I rinse the Yes to Carrots, I apply Taliah Waajid's "Protective Mist Bodifier" as a leave-in, followed by La Boutique De Fleurzty's "Curls Nurture Cream" as a moisturizer, then I seal the moisture in with grapeseed oil. I don't use heat very often, but when I do, its usually just so I can trim my ends.

4. My texture is a mix of curls and frizz. LOL I guess you could call it a combination of 3C and 4A??? Hell, I dont know! :-) What I do know is, my hair likes light moisturizers, otherwise it would end up greasy and weighed down. I'm also learning not to be so heavy-handed when it comes to applying products, because that also contributes to weighed down hair.

5. I've been natural a couple of times in the past 6yrs. But the last time I went natural was in March of 2007 (I think LOL). I told my husband I was going to cut my shoulder length hair. I guess he thought I meant "trim" because he gasped when he saw the sink full of hair, and about a half an inch of hair left on my head. *shrugs* My motto is (and has always been) "It'll grow back." My family & friends weren't too concerned about me cutting my hair. I've been a blonde, redhead, & had weave down to my butt, so I'm sure they figured it was just me doing something to my hair. If anyone had a problem with my hair, I never heard about it. :-)

6. My intention was to transition for at least a year, BUT, I'm super impatient, so I bought some shears and cut my hair on a Sunday morning.

7. I love this mane of mine because I have yet to find anyone with hair EXACTLY like mine. When my hair was relaxed, everybody around me had the same hair style, wrapped with a side part. Oddly enough, when my hair was relaxed, I hated the "big hair" look. Now that I'm natural, the bigger the better (and trust, it gets BIG). LOL

8. Uhhh, nowhere. Just kidding. I'm on twitter. Thats about it...    twitter.com/hsiek

9. Do you. Don't worry about opinions and what other people have to say. Half the time, when people are negative towards you, it has NOTHING to do with YOU. You just happen to be there when they needed to lash out. So, keep yourself happy, and everything will fall into place. :-)

k

No comments:

Post a Comment