Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hair Food: Emu Oil

(image found on google)

I have been using Emu Oil on and off for the past year, I purchased mine from "Roots" Organic Market- a organic grocery store in my area. It's a lot like Whole Foods but MUCH smaller.When I first started using the oil I mixed it with other oils like grape seed oil, Castor oil, Neem Oil (great growth aide) and Olive oil. The mixture can be used as a sealant, hot oil treatment or a scalp treatment, it's thick and gives the hair shine and moisture. Emu oil also has great hair health benefits; its an all-natural oil derived from the non-edible portions of the emu, which is a flightless relative of the ostrich (source). This morning I used alone it to stretch my twists and to give myself a scalp massage. I forgot how much I loved this oil. I was using my Emu Oil mixture as a growth aide and it worked well for me.I decided to share this information with you all because I received an email from a hair vitamin company (Hairfinity, I love their vitamins) with some AWESOME information about the versatile oil. I knew you ladies would find the information interesting, just like I did. :) To read about the benefits of using Emu Oil click the jump.

Enjoy!


Emu oil has been said to be a natural beauty miracle that can reverse hair thinning and balding, moisturize skin, delay the signs of aging, protect skin from scorching sun, or soothe tired muscles. It's been clinically shown to help regrow hair and is a great total body moisturizer. Emu oil is almost 100% triglyceride lipid. This makes the absorption of emu oil into human skin faster and more effective.
So what does Emu oil do?....

Emu oil can:
- Improve condition of hair, skin and nails
- Penetrate and condition multiple layers of hair and skin

- Block DHT (what causes male pattern baldness)
- Reduce swelling and muscle soreness
- Heal burns, wounds, injuries, minor cuts and scratches
- Prevent and reduce scarring by enhancing the skin's growth activity
- Soothe discomfort from sunburns, insect bites, acne, eczema and rashes

Emu oil is:
- Anti-bacterial - A low irritant
- Anti-inflammatory - Non-comedogenic (will not clog pores).
- A natural sunscreen


Additionally, for my animal lovers, the Emu bird is not harmed or killed in the harvesting of the oil. 


Have any of you tried Emu Oil? If so, how did you use it and did you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment