Wednesday, November 24, 2010

DIY: Cute Head Band

Today I was in a crafty mood and I decided to make a cute head band to jazz up my natural hair.
I went to Michaels and spotted some SUPER CUTE ribbon and then I came across a old plastic head band laying in my drawer that I was not using-PERFECT.
(You can purchase regular head band from CVS or your local Beauty Supply store for under $6 a pack.)


Making the head band was very simple and took me all of 10 minutes and cost me under $10 to make.
What you will need for this fun project is:
*Ribbon
*Head Band
*Hot Glue Gun
*Scissors 



Click the jump for instructions on how to make this COOL accessory.





Put some how glue on the end tip of the head band.
Let cool for 10 seconds before applying the fabric.
Having the glue a little sticky is perfect for the ribbon, it helps it stick a little better.


Then start to tightly pull and wrap the ribbon around the head band,
Make sure there is no "bubbling" going on.
The fabric must be snug.
Continue the pull and wrap motion until you reach the end of the head band.
Glue down the ribbon as you did when you begain wrapping the head band.
Cut off any extra ribbon and smooth.


VOILA!
The finished piece.



Nice. Cute. Easy and Affordable!
:)



No comments:

Post a Comment