Sunday, July 24, 2011

What's Cooking w/Trice (Carne con Queso)/ Natural Hair/ Sunday's Best

Hi Guys!


I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend!  Mine was pretty cool.  It started off with my adventurous trip out Friday night with my friend, Bernie, a Ladies Get-together on Saturday, and a good word at church on Sunday.


Saturday I hosted a Ladies get together with the some of the lovely women from my church.  I made the dip that's always requested when I have to provide a dish for something. 
I call it Carne con Queso (Meat w/cheese)  :)

It is SO EASY AND QUICK to make.  Here are the ingredients. (rec. = recommendation)/ Estimated time to make 10-15 minutes!!!
  • Salsa (rec.PACE: Mild)
  • 1 pound of ground beef
  • About 4 oz of Cheese (rec. Velveeta Cheese)
  • Tortilla Chips
  • Seasoning of choice

 Directions:
1.) Lightly Season, brown and drain your ground beef.  (There is a significant amount of salt in your salsa and cheese, so you don't wanna over-season the meat.)
2.) Add your 4 oz. of cheese.  If you want a cheesier dip, feel free to add more. :)
3.) Add your salsa:  I usually add 3/4 but you could add the entire bottle if you'd like.


4.) Mix well!!!!! Plate and go to dipping!!!



Here is some of the other things prepared for the get together:
Tequila-Lime Chicken Wings, Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Assorted Fruit, Homemade Banana Bread, My Dip, Pizza Bites, and Cookies
 I am wearing my hair in it's natural state right now! Although I rock extensions every now and again, I really do LOVE my natural hair and the ability to do both!!!
Yeah...my curls are pretty tight (Lots of shrinkage)

Here's what I wore to church on Sunday!

Photobucket
















Blazer: H&M
Dress: Marshalls
Tights:  My Mommy gave them to me
Earrings: Beall's Outlet
Bracelet: Tiffany & Co.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Heels:  Betseyville by Betsey Johnson

I don't know how the weather is where you are but it's hot as the dickens out here in Florida!!!!

Photobucket
That's all for now guys!  I think the issue with my camera, isn't really an issue at all. It has to do with lighting so once I get that together, I think I'll be good to go!!!

Photobucket Have a FABULOUS week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment