Sunday, July 24, 2011

Captured Curls: Javania


Ladies meet Javania! I came across this natural hair beauty and her awesome hair via Twitter a couple of weeks ago. Once I clicked her avi picture and saw her hair I had to have her featured so I quickly shot her a DM to see if she was interested, she was!
 I liked reading her about her journey and I'm sure you will too! Click the jump to read Javania's story.



1.        Please, introduce yourself!

Hello gorgeous people!! My name is Javania M Webb and I am a fabulous woman coming into her own. I have my own business mentoring and speaking to women about empowerment, self-esteem/self-worth among other things.  I also work at a mental health agency in the crisis department helping people not commit suicide or homicide. I am also a Graduate Student studying “Non-Profit Administration” and have big plans for this master’s degree that I did not want to continue halfway through, but nonetheless I will be done May 2012.

2.      What is your current hair care regimen? 

I have my hair in mini-twists for the summer, I live in St. Louis and it is too hot to do my hair and put the extra heat on it.  During the other seasons, I wash my hair bi-weekly.  Before I wash I detangle with conditioner, then wash, then deep condition (suave conditioner with honey) after detangling again and either sit under the dryer for 30 minutes or keep it on for a hour or so, then rinse, towel dry, blow out in low heat with CHI silk infusion, then use hemp seed butter to twist.

3.      What is your hair type and what works best for your texture?

I love big hair, my hair is really tight with out blowing it out and I do not know the number, do not pay attention to that.  I am on a strict budget so I try different shampoos and conditioner that fit my money at the time.  I have tried shampoo from Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, and Sally’s.  But the best is suave conditioner with honey.  Aphogee works well with my hair also.

4.      What reaction did you get when you first decided to go natural?

Not good. I went natural twice.  The first time I was transitioning but I got upset and one day went to my hair stylist and cut it all off and had a fade. Everyone hated it, I even had one “friend” talk me into getting a relaxer, which is why I went back to the creamy crack, and I hate that I listened.  I did not get another relaxer after I was talked into it.

5.      Did you BC or transition, if so when or for how long?

 I transitioned for six months the second time around I decided to go natural and then did the big chop because I was tired of the two textures. Now everyone loves my hair, but there are some who are still negative and I can care less. This is my head and my life!!

6.      What makes you love your kinks, curls and coils?

I love how my hair frames my face, I love how big my hair gets, I love how my hair is unique in it’s own right. 

7.      Where can we find you on the web?

www.javaniamwebb.com  (under construction) Email: javaniamwebb@gmail.com Twitter: JavaniaMWebb Facebook: Javania.m.webbInc (fan page) 

8.      Anything EXTRA you want us to know?

Anyone in the St. Louis area I am having my first workshop August 12, 2011 “Embracing Who You Are” $20 includes food and journals.  You can purchase tickets at http://embracingwhoyouare.eventbrite.com Thank you for your time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment