Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Man's P.O.V: Cas

  
1. How important is a woman's hair to you? Especially if you are dating her, does she have to wear her hair a certain way to keep grab your interest? (i.e. which styles down vs. ponytail vs. bun, hair length?)

I once heard it said that a woman's hair is like her jewel. It is her ultimate accessory and the pride and care she takes in it and puts into it are a reflection of how she feels about herself. A woman's hair is important to me, because I feel like it should be important to her. Hair is a large part of our outward appearance and a woman's hair style shows her style, her level of "hair care" shows how much she cares. I know that we live in a busy world but I do notice and appreciate those who find or make time to express their personalities not only through their clothing but with their hair as well. I personally like many styles varying from long to short to natural (although I have to admit I do have a weakness for long curly hair) but the main thing I look for is the fact that she put effort into doing something with her hair, And I ALWAYS notice that. It's one of the first things I look for.

2. Do you think that there is a 'Natural Hair Movement' or trend going on these days? Why do you think so many women are choosing to go natural now, do you think it's a fad?
I'm not sure it there is a 'Natural Hair Movement' or trend going on right now, but I would fully support one. I think a few people are trying to do something different and natural is the way they are going.  I try to encourage my friends and co workers to "go natural" and those who have look great. I think that weaves and un-natural styles will always be more popular because it is easier and culturally accepted on a wider scale. Long Silky hair is taught as the general standard of beauty for girls from the time they are playing with dolls on throughout their lives. I don't think Natural is big enough to even be considered a fad. If it is a movement it's a underground movement. and it will probably stay that way until culture becomes more accepting of the beauty of natural hair

3. Would you support your partner or family members (i.e. mother, sister, daughter) if she decided to become natural?
I think it is important for anyone to find their own personal style and hair is a big part of that. I would fully support anyone in my life going natural to express their sense of style. My sister had very long permed straight hair.  I admit, when she cut it all off so that it was shorter than my hair I was upset with her... and I let her know how I felt. She decided after some time to let her hair grow again and kept it natural and I would compliment her at every opportunity because the style fit her personality, and it looked good. Natural hair is beautiful as long as it is cared for. to quote a rapper "effort is all I ask."
4. How important is hair texture to you? If your significant other were to go natural, would the texture of her hair affect your opinions on wheather she should remain natural or not?
Hair texture is not that big of a deal for me. I like soft hair. But if my significant other to go natural I don't think the texture of her hair would affect anything. I would just be happy she was going natural.

5. What is your definition of "Good Hair" and how do you feel about the word "Nappy?"
I would say "Good Hair" would be just nice very manageable hair that is well kept. The word "Nappy" doesn't affend me or make me mad. Some people just have coarse hair and just need to know how to manage it better.

6. Would you rather your partner wear her hair natural or in a weave? Why or why not?
I would much rather she wear her hair natural. I'm not into weaves at all. I just like a woman to wear her hair natural. It's sexy to me and seems rare to me.  I feel a woman wearing her hair natural is more comfortable also. She didn't have to go to weave to achieve some "new look". Weave is deceiving to me.

7. If you are involved with a woman do you think she should consult with you when it comes to making changes to her hair?
I would hope she would just let me know what she was going to do to it. But at the end of the day it's her hair and she can do what she likes. I'll support her.

8. Why does it seem like some men are "hung up" on hair length? Does it matter to you?
I think men just want their kids to have long hair if they have a girl. Hair length doesn't really matter to me. But I do love a woman with long hair, seems kind of rare now days also.

9. Would you be supportive in your partner's journey to go natural?
I would be 100% supportive with her journey to natural hair. I've already supported to female coworkers. I think it's a tuff process and the support is needed.

10. What makes black women and their hair unique and beautiful to you?
The texture and the amount of styles they can wear.

11. Who is your favorite "curly girl?" (i.e. celebrity, actress, friend, etc.)
I don't have a favorite oddly enough but here are a few ladies hair that I like. I like yours to be honest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment