Friday, July 29, 2011

PRODUCT REVIEW: MAC Opulash Mascara





PRODUCT: 5/5
PACKAGING: 5/5
QUALITY: 5/5
GRADE: A
PRICE: $14 from MAC counters, stores, and maccosmetics.com
WOULD I REPURCHASE? Yes

WHAT MAC SAYS
Superlative style & state-of-the-art science merge. A new formula in a more saturated intense black with extra-volumization, expansion & curl delivered dramatically with our most bodacious brush yet. Lasts 15 hours!

PROS
+ Lengthening
+ Volumizing
+ Really lasts 15 hours!
+ More 'affordable' higher end mascara

CONS
- Brush may be too big for people with smaller lashes
- Can be a little difficult to come off

I've been using this mascara to the very end of its 3 month term and I love it! MAC mascaras get a lot of flack for not working to well but MAC's Plushlash has been my HG ever since I discovered it a few years ago. One of my MAC MUA's described Opulash as "Plushlash on crack" so I had to have it. But like most products, I was really skeptical in the beginning. I feel like a lot of gurus/bloggers say they "love" a product without thoroughly testing it or just saying it because they're sponsored but I feel like I'm the other way. I always dislike it in the beginning, keep using it because I don't wanna waste and discover I like it!

I have longer lashes so I appreciate a bigger brush, but it might be a problem for those of you with shorter, thinner lashes. The brush is pretty dense and I feel like it packs on a lot of mascara without clumping and adds a lot of length to my lashes. The tube itself is pretty big and even after 3 months, I think there's still a ton of product in there. MAC claims that it last 15 hours - and it definitely does for me! Sometimes I fall asleep with this mascara on - I know, it's bad! But don't act like you don't once in a while! - and it's still perfect when I wake up in the morning. In fact, its harder to take off then other mascaras. Usually my MAC wipes will take most of my mascara off, but I have to wash my eyes with baby shampoo to get these off.

I thought this review might be helpful since MAC is releasing their Opulash Optimum Black next month (but for $1 more!). At $14 a piece, it's one of the more affordable "higher end" mascaras which I think is pretty reasonable considering a lot of them are $20+. I think it's worth trying and I'll definitely be repurchasing this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment