Wednesday, July 13, 2011

IMATS Haul

The post you've all been waiting for.. my haul post! It took me a while to get the swatches together and plus I wanted to film a haul video too >__< but it's finally ready! Like I said in my IMATS post, I hauled a crap load because I knew there was a lot of stuff I wanted so I held back from buying make up and just aved up for IMATS. This is the result...



the motherload! LOL


The sad thing to say is that I wish I got more! Kidding.. (half) I only wish I was able to get a bigger palette from Inglot and I wish I got the other palette from Sugarpill! This post is going to be really picture heavy since I decided not to break it up, so click for swatches & pics after the jump!




MAC Brush Canister


I was kind of disappointed with the MAC booth, they weren't selling a lot of their staple products like paint pots and fluidlines! They were selling mostly pro products which is understandable since it's a "Makeup Artist Tradeshow" but I just wanted a 224 brush and Contrast eyeshadow and they were completely out! My sister ended up getting a couple things but when we were leaving I saw this brush canister! One of the MUA told me that this canister was brand new and it hasn't even been released to MAC stores yet! It's actually a pro product so I believe they'll only have this in pro stores. Don't quote me on that though. It comes in 2 sizes I believe? I got the bigger of the two but I really like it because it's adjustable. I know it seems like a silly idea but I originally wanted a Cozzette brush vessel and at the show it was $17 and with the 20% off at MAC this came out to $20. I picked this out over the Cozzette one because it's adjustable! So you can make it longer or shorter and its significantly wider than the Cozzette vessel. I think this would be really great for traveling and so easy to pull out and throw in your bag.



brushes in the canister


closed canister


Parian Spirit brush cleaner set

I bought this brush cleaner at last year's IMATS and I loved it a lot! It cleans my white brushes really well and it smells so clean! But I lost the little plastic things that go inside the little bottle and I needed more brush cleaner so I just bought a whole set. I'll probably do a video demo on this!


Model In A Bottle: Eye Makeup Remover, Brow Sealer, & Matte Finishing Spray

I heard really good things about the Model In A Bottle Brow Sealer and I wanted to try it out for myself. Then (of course) the lady tried to sell me on the matte finishing spray but I hesitated before finally saying yes and she threw in the makeup remover for free! Haven't tested any of these out yet but we'll see.


Pink Z-Palette


The Z-Palette retails online for about $20 and several booths were selling this palette. I was really surprised at how sturdy it actually feels and how big it is. The outside is cardboard but the magnet feels pretty strong and I like how the top is clear. I tried to put a few shadows/blush in the palette and shake it around and it did not move! I'm definitely pleasantly surprised by this palette but I'll have to do more testing with it. It comes in black, pink, leopard, and zebra and it comes in a large and small size. I chose the larger one, of course!


opened Z-Palette


size comparison to MAC palette - its huuge!


Unii Palette


cute packaging!



My friend told me about the Unii Palette and she wanted me to get check it out for her at IMATS. I really haven't heard much about it before but I looked it up before I went and it's $29 regular price! But when I saw their booth, I realized how small the palette is. It's like a baby! I do like the concept of it though. The palette is a sturdy plastic and I LOVE how it has a little clip to keep it securely closed. I think this would be really great for traveling, but I do wish it was bigger! At least the size of a MAC palette! But it's super cute and I love how it has a huge mirror in it too. I'll definitely be trying this out during my travels this summer.



open palette


size comparison to MAC - it's a baby!


Bdellium Brushes: 965, 787, 995









Cinema Secrets Brush Cleaner




Make Up For Ever: Duo Mat Powder in 209, Aqua Cream in 9, Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick in 1, & Aqua Liner in 0L


Aqua Cream in 9, Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick in 1, Aqua Liner in 0L


Crown Brushes: brush roll, spoolie brush, eyebrow brush


From Naimie's: Lime Crime + Bobbi Brown


Lime Crime Lipsticks & Bobbi Brown Gel Liner


Coquette Lipstick, Centrifuschia Lipstick, Black Gel Liner


Coquette & Centrifuschia Lipstick


Stila Kajal Liners: Topaz & Onyx




Onyx & Topaz Liners


Sugarpill Make Up!


LOVE this packaging


Sweetheart Palette, Hysteric Pigment, Lumi Pigment, & Paperdoll Pigment


Sweetheart Palette: Dollipop, Afterparty, Midori, & Tako
Pigments: Hysteric, Lumi, & Paperdoll


Dollipop, Afterparty, Midori, Tako, Lumi, Hysteric, & Paperdoll


Lumi, Hysteric, & Paperdoll


OCC Lip Tars: Anime & Trollop




Trollop & Anime


NYX: Grinding Blush in Sangria in Madrid, Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm, Antwerp, San Paulo, & Amsterdam, Eyeliners in Purple and Aqua Green, Retractable Eyebrow Pencil in Medium Brown, HD Concealer in Nutmeg, Photo Loving Anti-Redness Primer


Stockholm, Antwerp, San Paulo, & Amsterdam Soft Matte Lip Creams


Sangria in Madrid Blush, Aqua Green & Purple Liners, Medium Brown Eyebrow Pencil


Inglot: AMC Matte Eyeliner Gel in 88, Matte AMC Lip Pencil in, Sleeks Lip Gloss in 63


10-Pan Freedom Palette
TOP ROW: Matte 345, Matte 385, Matte 371, Matte 366, Matte 391
BOTTOM ROW: Matte 346, Pearl 440, Matte 388, Pearl 446, Matte 318


Lip Gloss in 63, Lip Pencil, Matte Liner Gel in 88


Matte 345, Matte 385, Matte 371, Matte 366, Matte 391


Matte 346, Pearl 440, Matte 388, Pearl 446, Matte 318

watch the long ass video! lol



No comments:

Post a Comment