Friday, July 15, 2011

Simple Summer Style

Yesterday I decided I had enough of wearing my hair out. It's been very humid in the DC area and my hair has been a frizzy mess lately! So I decided to throw it in a cute little bun and add bangs and a flower to give the style a little "umph!"

Read below on how I achieved this Simple Summer Style



Step 1: Spritz hair with water and apply a quarter sized amount of leave in conditioner

Step 2: Gently detangle and stretch your hair with a denman brush or a wide tooth comb

Step 3: Side part your hair and pin off the desired amount of hair for the bangs.
Step 4: Gather the majority of your hair in a ponytail with an "Ouchless" hair tie and tuck the ends of the pony tail under itself.

Step 5: Secure the ends with straight pins. I used about 4. 2 on each side of the bun.
(I 2 strand twisted my bang area for a more defined wavy look)

Step 5: Smooth down edges with pomade and a bristle brush, tie with a satin scarf and let set 
Once your style has set and flyaways are controlled add a flower or hair accessory to spruce up your style! 

No comments:

Post a Comment