Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hair Rules Kinky Curl Cream

I stumbled across my Hair Rules Kinky Curl Cream under my sink a couple of days ago and decided to give it a try AGAIN. The first 2 times I was not a fan of the product but this time around I got great definition using the products as a styling aid for twisting in prep for a twist out versus a wash n go.

I made a YouTube video that will be posted under the jump and I wanted to get you fellow naturals opinion on something. This products description is "This amazing, ultra-moisturizing curling cream transforms spongy 'fro and kinks into bouncy, luscious spirals, simply and effortlessly. Stretches and defines tightly wound tresses without chemical or thermal manipulation." Now, the part I highlighted in red is what I disagree with, personally I do not think that tight kinky hair cannot be "transformed" into BOUNCY LUSCIOUS SPIRALS but that's just my opinion. In my mind I am picturing type 4 curls becoming type 3 curls-- maybe it's just me. HairRules YT channel left a comment on the video which you can check out for yourself. Doesn't seem like they were too keen on my opinion. 

I do think that there are products on the market, like this one, that can definitely enhance the natural curl pattern of ones hair but NO PRODUCT can give you what you don't already have. What do you ladies think about that? Please leave your comments in the box below, I think this can lead to some GREAT natural hair convo. 

xoxo,
Alex






No comments:

Post a Comment