Sunday, December 5, 2010

Random: "Woman" by Me

I wrote this poem from my English portfolio. I have gotten a good response from the people who have read it and I wanted to share it with you all. It's a very simple piece. I like it. :) Enjoy!


"Woman"


I am strong.
I am tough.
I am love and I am cut from a thick linen cloth.
I am durable.
I am fierce.
I am gentle and I play for keeps.
I am curly.
I am brown.
I am a sunray molded from burnt red clay.
I am a woman.
I am passion.
I am stripped.
I am naked and draped in the finest pride.
I am her.
I am she.
I am us and you are we.
I am kind.
I am sweet.
I am a soft warm kiss on the back of your neck or side of your cheek.
I am Africa.
I am Jewish.
I am Christian.
I am liberal and accepting.
I am.
I am me.
I am a woman.
Can’t you see?

No comments:

Post a Comment