Thursday, December 23, 2010

Capture Curls: Simone


Everyone, I am happy to introduce to you another BEAUTIFUL natural hair'd queen!
Read Simone's story below.
Her hair is to die for, I love it!

Enjoy!

Tell me about YOU 
Im a 29 year old single mother...Im from long beach california. Ive been living in ATL for 3 years and now im moving to Brooklyn. I served in the Air Force for 8 years and now im going to school pursuing an education in Radiology. 

 Tell me your hair care regimen (do you use heat, natural products, ect...)
I dont really think i have a regimen, Im pretty go with the flow when it comes to my hair. I really like wash and go's. I wash once a week, and condition everyday if im wearing a wash and go. Ive been getting into two strand twists and i twist with a mixture of shea moisture's curly smoothie mixed with olive oil and coconut oil. I havent used heat since i decided to become natural but im very curious to how it will look now that it has grown.
Tell me your texture and what works best on your hair type
I think my texture is 3c/4a my 4a is more towards my crown but my nape and sideburns are very straight, when i twist them they hardly stay
Tell me the reaction you got when first going natural
I had a very positive reaction to going natural from my friends and family. We are pretty liberal and they know I do what i want so nobody really questions me lol
Did you BC or transition, if so when or for how long?
Well i always had shoulder length hair when i permed, then i moved up to a bob to see how i would look and i loved it, although i was still perming then. Then one day i asked my mom how did she think i would look with short hair because i really liked rihannas hair cut but i was scared because i dont have the smallest forehead. she took me to the barber and i just did it one day. the long parts on top i still permed but eventually i decided i wanted to see how my texture would be, and once Chris Rock's Good Hair came out i decided that I would commit, so i cut the perm parts off and never looked back.
What makes you love your kinks, curls and coils?
I love my kinks and coils because they are made for me, everyone that i see that is natural has their own flair and style and curl pattern, makes me feel like a fingerprint, i havent found anyone with quite my curl pattern but i think im pretty close to Elle aka CurlyheadedPj on twitter, so i like to watch her vids to see what she uses. 
Where can we find you on the web?
im on twitter @lovePeaceOM and im on Tumblr with the same name. I dont blog because i have no idea what im doing and im video camera shy lol


Anything EXTRA you want us to know?
Im just so glad that women are actually taking a stand. I know ive seen so many people say that its a trend but i think its just the fact that so many are more aware of the damage we have done over the years, and im so thankful to be apart of the revolution :)

No comments:

Post a Comment