Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Man's P.O.V: Luck

Name: Luck
Age: 25
Location: DMV

Meet Luck, a very close friend of mine who is a lover of Natural Hair.
I was excited to read his interview questions because I know he is a fan of Curly Girls.
Read his POV below.


How important is a woman’s hair to you? Especially if you are dating her, does she have to wear her hair a certain way to keep/grab your interest? (i.e. which styles down vs. ponytail vs. bun, hair length?)

A woman’s hair is very important to me, because it’s part of a woman keeping herself at the top of her game. I am a sucker for natural hair (period). I love to see a woman pull off any style that truly accentuates her features. 

Do you think that there is a ‘Natural Hair Movement’ or trend going on these days? Why do you think so many women are choosing to go natural now, do you think it’s a fad? 

I do think there’s a movement going on. I think more women are becoming comfortable with their natural hair. I don’t believe it’s a fad though, because going natural should be a long term commitment. 

Would you support your partner or family members (i.e. mother, sister, daughter) if she decided to become natural?

I would definitely support any woman I know with that decision. 

How important is hair texture to you? If your significant other were to go natural, would the texture of her hair affect your opinions on whether she should remain natural or not?

Hair texture is important to me. Obviously with going natural, your hair texture would change, so as long as she is happy with the result, I would be behind her. 

What is your definition of “Good Hair” and how do you feel about the word “Nappy?”

My definition of good hair is probably not to different from most people’s definition, and that would be of the soft and silky variety. As far as the word nappy, I don’t see anything wrong with it. I mean, if you don’t have “good hair”, that doesn’t mean your hair has to be nappy, and there are a variety of products on the market that will help “nappy” hair.


Would you rather your partner wear her hair natural or in a weave? Why or why not?

I’ve traditionally kind of always been attracted to long, flowing hair. So, if that’s the look my partner was attempting to achieve, I wouldn’t mind a weave, as long as it is maintained. I find myself now really enjoying natural hair though. 

If you are involved with a woman do you think she should consult with you when it comes to making changes to her hair?

I don’t think she needs to consult with me, but if she runs it by me, I’ll give her my honest opinion. Usually, my opinion is valued by my partner, so I appreciate being available for consultation.

Why does it seem like some men are “hung up” on hair length? Does it matter to you?

I think men are infatuated with long hair, because that’s always been what we’ve been told is beautiful, and until we know what beauty means to us, we go for that. I think women are amazing with any length hair, but not every woman can pull off every look. 

Would you be supportive in your partner’s journey to go natural?

I would be 100% supportive of that.

What makes black women and their hair unique and beautiful to you?

Black women have so much style and creativity when it comes to their hair, it’s crazy to see all the styles you all come up with. 

Who is your favorite “curly girl?” (i.e. celebrity, actress, friend, ect.)
My favorite “curly girl” would be Alex, because you wear all natural styles flawlessly.




No comments:

Post a Comment