Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Holiday Hair (Part 1)

Can you believe that Christmas is right around the corner? I can't. It's hard to fathom that this year is PRACTICALLY OVER! 2010 was a great year for me and I am super excited to see what 2011 will bring...
Any who, this Sunday (the 26th) will mark my 15th month since my BC! I decided to get my hair done in a special style for not only the holidays but also because I have made it 15 months natural, with no regrets or dissatisfaction.  The lady that did my weave and kinky twists has been braiding my hair for years now, even back when I had a relaxer. Luckily for me, she lives in my neighborhood (FTW) so whenever I want to get jazzy with my hair I can literally WALK to her house. Today I took her a few style pictures that I was interested in and explained to her that the last cornrow style I had made me look like a 10 year old child. I wanted something sassy, fun and age appropriate. I'm grown. LOL I don't want to look like a kid. She is an excellent braider and I am very pleased with the results. My hair is cornrowed up with a nice design on the side and back of my head and the top bang area is in tiny twists. I decided to set them on rods when I got home so add some "umph" to the style. I kind of feel like my hair is "Goapele inspired" which I LOVE.







Click the jump for more pictures.







(baby in the back chillen, lol)


Do you like?
I am planning on going to her once a month to get my hair braided up.
I'm also aiming for BSL hair this time NEXT year.
Retaining length is super important to me so I guess protective styles are a must. 

How are you wearing your hair for the holidays?

xoxo,
Alex

(Stay tuned for more pics tomorrow after I take the rods down.)


No comments:

Post a Comment