Thursday, December 9, 2010

Loc'd Men: Lamine


Tell us a little about yourself? (ex. name, age, state, school)
My name is LamineN’dour, 25, from Maryland, High School: attended Largo/Newport/Kennedy, College: Brown University

How long have you been growing your locs?
  I’ve had my locs since senior year of HS, so I guess that makes it almost seven years now.

What do you use on your hair, product wise, to maintain it?
I don’t have too many special products or requirements when it comes to my hair. Having lived just about everywhere in this area and going to school in Rhode Island I had to make different products work. I was “blessed” with hair that locs easily lol, I could literally use olive oil or any non-flaking product from the Beauty Supply.



How often do you have to wash and re-twist your loc’s and who styles them?
4.       I wash my hair about every 3-4 weeks, re-twisting I get lazy with that at times, plus I don’t really like my hair freshly twisted, so I would say retwisted every 8 weeks or so lol. Stylists vary from mom, mysister, my girl, myself or I will train a girl at the drop of a dime if she’s willing.

What do you think about women with natural hair? Do you care if your woman is relaxed, natural or loc’d? I think it’s a great idea to for women to have natural hair; my mother has always worn her hair in natural styles. When it comes to my woman I truly don’t care whatever the look is, it just has to be maintained and be a good fit for them, because I would be honest if it wasn't.

 Do you think women who choose to loc their hair are sexy?
I think a woman who has locs CAN be sexy, I don’t think a hairstyle alone deems someone sexy.
7.       The pros of having locs are that its natural, its liberating to me. As far as cons, locs carry a stigma with them-people attribute them to affecting job offers, and profiling- but I’m a rebel and I like that part. Think whatever you want, I’m not worried.


What made you loc your hair?
8.       I loc’d my hair because my mom had dreads,I had cornrows and braids like everyone else from the “Iverson era” lol, but I became bored and it was tiring always getting my hair braided. So, I had hair but when starting my locs I trimmed them to about an inch thinking that was the only way.

What makes a woman's hair beautiful to you?
What makes a woman’s hair beautiful to me…..uhhmm I don’t really know. I have never thought to myself, ‘wow, she has really beautiful hair!’ Honestly it would only catch my attention if something was awry. However I have seen some wonderful locs on women and thought ‘she has nice locs’ because I understand and can appreciate what care it takes.

Do you have any advice for those who are considering loc'ing their hair?
 If you want  to loc your hair, go for it! Just understand that it’s not an overnight thing, and if you look around it’s not so unique anymore, so make sure that’s really what you want to do.”

Where can we find you on the web?
You can find me fooling around on Twitter (@lndour)or with my crew DYDC (dylifestyle.tumblr.com) we do a few things around the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment