Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

Better late than never! Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving! I spend the weekend in Hawaii with my family and friends. I thought I took at least one family picture but I didn't! =( I guess I was too caught up being around family I forgot! But here's a pic of the view from the airplane - I never get tired of seeing Hawai'i like this:



arriving! there was a rainbow :)


leaving :( view of waikiki

It really depends on which side you sit on to get a good view. I recommend sitting on the right side [if you're coming from the mainland] when you're arriving and the left when you're leaving - otherwise you're just looking at ocean! I love going home and I'm really thankful that I can go home for the holidays. Normally, Brian and I don't go home every holiday but since we're apart my mom wanted my sister and I to come out, especially since I'll be going to Guam for Christmas. I LOVE island weather! I don't care for four seasons at all, I hate the cold! I will take humid island breeze all year long, thank you. =P


My trip was really short! And I got sick when I was there. =( I ended up wasting a Saturday night just because my body was so tired from being sick, but I did get some good QT with my mom and dad. Ever since I left home, I appreciate them so much more and they're so funny to be around. I managed to go to the beach once in Lanikai after I had brunch with some friends, call me biased but I have yet to see a beach that even compares to one of Hawai'i's! [Maybe Tahiti judging by pictures but I haven't been there yet!]



Lanikai's


I always get my hair and eyebrows done when I go home! I'm always skeptical to have someone else do my hair and I won't let anyone besides my regular eyebrow waxer touch my brows because the ones I've tried out here always make my brows super thin! I prefer a fuller brow and my waxer knows just how I like it. Plus she always trims and shapes my brows [they're suuper long and thick] whereas anyone I've tried out her just waxes it and I never like the way it comes out.




BEFORE: yucky brows & faded red/brown hair
(lol @ my sister in the back)


AFTER: clean brows! & dark brown hair


My friend does my hair EVERYtime I go home - I like to trim it often because I have a tendency to get split ends a lot. My head always feels lighter and healthier when I do trim it. I really need to stop dyeing my hair though! It was reddish brown and now it's dark mocha brown! My friend warned me against going back to black because she said if I wanted to change my hair color lighter again t wouldn't look as nice. I think after this dye I MIGHT dye it one more time if it ends up getting lighter from the sun and go super dark, dark brown and just let my natural hair grow out, but we'll see how it goes.


Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, I'll be back to the beauty posts soon! Don't forget to enter my giveaway!!

No comments:

Post a Comment