Friday, December 3, 2010

A Man's P.O.V: Caleb


Meet Caleb, this weeks man, giving his P.O.V on women and our natural hair.

1.   How important is a woman’s hair to you? Especially if you are dating her, does she have to wear her hair a certain way to keep grab your interest? (i.e. which styles down vs. ponytail vs. bun, hair length?)
            I personally am a fan of longer hair in curls, but as long as it's all yours and not a wig or weave I'm a fan. It really varies female to female.

2.   Do you think that there is a ‘Natural Hair Movement’ or trend going on these days? Why do you think so many women are choosing to go natural now, do you think it’s a fad?
            I think it is trending right now because so many people have voiced their displeasure for the fakeness for a couple years and its a recession. It's expensive to keep your hair did haha.

3.   Would you support your partner or family members (i.e. mother, sister, daughter) if she decided to become natural?
            Most definitely. All the women in my immediate family are natural with dreadlocks and the like. They would definitely here it from me if they were constantly killing their hair or just looking tacky.

4.   How important is hair texture to you? If your significant other were to go natural, would the texture of her hair affect your opinions on whether she should remain natural or not?
            Hair texture is not something im really concerned about, but I wouldn't want to put my hands in dry, rough hair that feels like it would cut me.

5.   What is your definition of “Good Hair” and how do you feel about the word “Nappy?”
            "Good hair" is based on societies idea of "good hair". I know many people with dreadlocks have healthy good hair. Nappy is just unkempt. Healthy hair is good hair too me.

6.   Would you rather your partner wear her hair natural or in a weave? Why or why not?
            Natural. Simply beacuse if you dont have the Beyonce weave, your weave is so obvious. Fake hair is a turn off. I dont want to be in bed with my girl one night and her hair just come out in my hand haha.

7.   If you are involved with a woman do you think she should consult with you when it comes to making changes to her hair?
            In the end, I don't run her life so she can do what she wants to her hair, but I would like her to consult me so I can advise her when she might be deciding to make her self look like a sideshow with a nicki minaj look.

8.   Why does it seem like some men are “hung up” on hair length? Does it matter to you?
            I like long hair but any length is cool with me as long as it suits her aesthetic and face. Length matters to ment because some guys feel like a woman is supposed to have hair longer than their own. They don't want their womans head to feel like a mans.

9.   Would you be supportive in your partner’s journey to go natural?
            110%.

10. What makes black women and their hair unique and beautiful to you?
             Black womens hair allows them to be very creative with their hair, but natural healthy hair adds to the beauty of a woman.

11. Who is your favorite “curly girl?” (i.e. celebrity, actress, friend, ect.)
            I really cant think of any “curly girls” so I’ll just say Alexis Belon. (www.alexisbelon.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment