Sunday, December 26, 2010

Hafa Adai & Merry Christmas from Guam!

I've been in Guam for about a week now and so far I'm liking it. It's suuuuper hot and humid here, the weather kind of reminds me of Philippine's weather but I would rather be in this humidity than in the cold! I'm a total island girl, I'd trade the dry, cold for humid sunshine any day!



at Chamorro Village with a coconut crab

I've been a lot busier than I thought I would be - I thought I'd have sooo much time to post and do videos since Brian and his family are working, but they've been taking me around the whole past week. The picture of us is at Chamorro Village which, on Wednesdays, a bunch of vendors set up tables and they sell food, random stuff, and there's even a stage where performers are dancing and whatnot. The coconut crab was huuuge! I've never seen a crab so big. They even had this giant lizard thing idk what it was but I wasn't going near it! lol Guam is pretty small, but I like it. When you're driving on the main road you can almost always see the ocean! :) I'll post more pictures later, I just hate waiting for them to upload! lol



after midnight mass on Christmas

We went to midnight mass on Christmas, and the church was packed! We got there more than 30 minutes earlier and we had to stand the whole mass! I really liked it though because when we went to midnight mass in Arizona last year, barely anyone was there! It makes me really sad, because as they say "Jesus is the reason for the season." But I guess there just aren't as many Catholics in AZ as there is in Guam. I was kind of sad for a little because it made me nostalgic and miss my family in Hawaii because we always go to midnight mass and before mass starts they play like every Christmas carol and some of them even have lines in Hawaiian, Tagalog, Vietnamese, everything! lol But it was nice because they sang a few carols in Tagalog and Chamorro so it was kind of cool.



Tiffany's!

Brian TOTALLY spoiled me this Christmas! After mass he really wanted to open a gift so he let me open one and it was a Tiffany's heart toggle bracelet! :) I was cheesin like crazy I couldn't stop looking at it! I know a lot of people say Tiffany's is overrated but I can't help it, I love it! I've been wanting this forever - specifically the toggle, not the clip =P - and I thought it was my only gift so I was super happy. Then the next day when we opened secret santa gifts with our whole family, he handed me ANOTHER box, mind you they were sealed tight! I think he got his sister's BF to wrap my gifts [Brian is helllaa lazy] so he put both the tiffany's in a crapload of tissue paper in a shoe box taped on every opening so I dug like crazy to find it. In the second box was the matching necklace! I just remember seeing the blue boxes and thinking ^______^ Then after everyone opened everything he handed me the biggest box under the tree. I'm thinking 'OMG another one?!' It was a giant box under more tissue paper was a brown Louis Vuitton box! I swear I was going to tear up because Brian has never spoiled me so much before I just felt so loved! :) But in the box was a Neverfull! I can't believe he spent so much on me this Christmas but I'm really thankful. Guess I've been a really good girl! :)



my presents!

Overall it was a great Christmas with Brian's family and our first one on Guam. I LOOOOOOVE my presents I want to wear them ALL the time. I swear I wanted to sleep with my Tiffany's on. lol Hope you guys had a great Christmas! I'll try to post more this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment