Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wonderful sources of inspiration

I find that I draw strength and encouragement from my circle of friends. A world ago, this would have been limited to a close-knit circle who either live within the city/county limits, or if they move, are connected through ever dwindling letter writing and phone calls.  Now, we have Facebook. I haven’t always been a fan.  It may seem hard to believe but I have been wrong about many things. When Facebook came out, I was not impressed, and considered it a kid-fad. I am not even that much older than the college generation that propelled Facebook but I felt “much older.” Now I’m a full participant and stay connected with friends with its aid. 

Then a few years ago, Twitter came out, and I was mystified that anyone would want to announce anything to anyone real time (where you are, what you’re eating, who you’re with), and that anyone on earth would care. And then Ashton Kutcher instantly had a million followers. So I’ve been known to be wrong.  

I will write a few pieces to acknowledge an often neglected topic among friends: how much we inspire and encourage each other, sometimes without even knowing it. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment