Thursday, March 10, 2011

Loc'd Man: Jarrett


Meet Jarret, this months Loc'd Man. How GORGEOUS are his loc's?
Beautiful!


Tell us a little about yourself? (ex. name, age, state, school)
My name is Jarrett Middleton, I’m 24 years old, born n’ raised in PG County Maryland. I’m employed by C&E services of Vienna Virginia, and this is my first blog interview ever… A little nervous but hey, let’s do it!

How long have you been growing your locs?
I’ve been growing my loc’s since I was 18 years old.  Since then I’ve trimmed 3 times and probably cut about 4 inches off collectively. So it’d be longer right now, but honestly I don’t think I want my hair to  be much longer then what it is…

What do you use on your hair, product wise, to maintain it?
I use Jamaican Mango & Lime to oil my scalp. Olive Oil organic Professional Shampoo to wash it, and Loc’-set Serum to tighten them. I wash it and tighten every 3-4 weeks. I also receive hot-oil treatments 6 times a year, they help keep my roots strong and healthy.

How often do you have to wash and re-twist your loc’s and who styles them?
Well, you already know how often I wash it and twist it but my hairdressers have randomly changed over the years. When I first started, my mother maintained them, she’s actually the one who convinced me to get them! My hair routine and consistency has remained pretty much the same, I believe that  is one of the reasons my hair is still healthy and flourishing.



What do you think about women with natural hair? Do you care if your woman is relaxed, natural or loc’d?
I LOOOOVE a loc’d up woman with heels and… Lets not get into that lol. Nothing turns me on more than a woman who is comfortable with herself, whether they have natural hair or relaxed hair. Unfortunately women with natural hair styles are difficult to come by. At least in PG County… I have a theory on women with perms, but that’s a topic for another blog somewhere else on the vast population of the world wide web.

Do you think women who choose to loc their hair are sexy?
Extremely. There’s nothing sexier but I do understand that variety with hair is the spice of life. 

What are the pros and cons about having your hair loc’d?
Lately I’ve been contemplating cutting my hair, just because of the simple fact that it’s just hair and it might be time for a change. I believe that’s one of the cons that many people have when their hair has reached a certain length that you’ve been satisfied with for however long you’ve had it, but the pros are limitless. It keeps me warm in the winter, it gives you a strong sense of personality and charisma. Loc’s give you a small edge that many people lack. They give you foundation and they give you a voice. People who grow loc’s are making a statement about who they are….

What made you decide to loc your hair? Have you always had hair or did you start your loc’s from “scratch.”
My mother persuaded me to do it way back when.. Now she probably wishes I never had ‘em. I actually grew my hair 2 or 3 times before I finally started my locs. At first I didn’t even want to grow them, but I’m very happy that I did. Thanks Mom!

What makes a woman’s hair beautiful to you?
Where do I start!? The texture, the smell, the feel, the diversity, the effort they put in to it. Almost everything you can think of makes womens hair beautiful. I believe a woman’s hair says a lot about who she is, whether it’s natural or not.

Do you have any advice for my readers who are considering loc’ing their hair?
Before you begin, be aware of what you want out of your hair after it’s loc’d. Understand the effort it takes to maintain them and please if you choose to loc your hair, be prepared to represent the rest of loc nation well!

Where can we find you on the web?
I’m not difficult to find at all. Follow me on Twitter @LocksNtees. E-mial me at JayMn04@gmail.com. Please feel free to ask me any questions regarding locs or life in general lol.

Thank you Alex, for giving me this opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment