Saturday, March 26, 2011

Four Generations of Natural Hair


Above is a picture of me, my daughter, my mother and my nana. We took this photo at today and I just had to share it with you all! Do you notice anything? We are ALL natural. I have been looking at this picture all day--it warms my heart every time I glance at it. Everyone in the picture,except my daughter, has "struggled" with their hair in some way, shape or form. I'm happy to see that all of us are past the perms and the need/want for them. THIS is who we are and I am glad that we are able to show my daughter unaltered beauty. A lot of people ask me how I keep my daughter in love with her hair, the answer is above. Natural is all she knows-- the 3 main women in her life have been natural since she can probably remember (she's only 3, lol). I honestly think that's the reason why my daughter hasn't had the "I want straight hair" itch yet; even with her being the only girl of color in her class at daycare. It's truly an amazing thing. This picture means a lot to me and I am so glad that the women in my life are strong, beautiful and NATURAL! :-)

xoxo,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment