Thursday, March 3, 2011

Baby's Curls

Last night was my daughter's wash day, she is never too happy about getting her hair washed BUT with the help of the tangle teaser, the process wasn't that bad. I noticed while washing her hair that she is in DESPERATE need of a trim. Her ends are terrible and her single strand knots are out of control. She has never had a trim before but I think one will be in her future very soon.  After her curls were all clean, I decided to do a length check and her hair is almost an inch longer than it was last month. Her shrinkage is unbelievable, as you can see in the photo above, stretched her hair is 2x longer. 

Many of you have asked me what her regimen is. Below you will find the answer.

1. Wash with an organic (sulfate free) children's shampoo twice a month.
2. Condition with Oyin Honey Hemp or Yes to Cucumbers.
3. Detangle with the Denman or Tangle Teaser while her hair is saturated in conditioner.
4.Rinse with lukewarm water and towel dry.
5. Part in 3 sections and coat hair with Grape Seed Oil and a leave in, like Knot Today.
6.Gently detangle each section.
7.Style.

As you can see her regi is simple and because she cannot stand getting her hair done, I try to limit the time I spend on doing it. I style her hair in protective styles 98% of the time and by that I mean that her ponytails are either braided or twisted; not let loose. I do have to re-do her hair every morning which is not a big deal because it' clean and already detangled. Lately, it's been a task to do that because her tangles have been really bad but  I think after the trim, that process will be easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment