Friday, March 18, 2011

Update on Baby & Braids

Baby boy chillin in his favorite position!

So today marks 2 weeks since I gave birth. Time flies for real! My baby is growing really well according to his doctors so I feel very blessed. Breastfeeding did not go as I planned but luckily I am able to pump so he is getting my milk anyway. I am not as exhausted as I thought I would be even though little man eats every 3 hours like clockwork. He has the most delightful temperament, only crying when he's wet or hungry, but otherwise not fussy. He is not colicky at all, thank heavens! When he is not eating or sleeping, he loves looking around at his world and from time to time we lock gazes and it makes me melt! I stare at him all day and thank God for this little miracle.

In other news, the braids are now 3 weeks old. The upside has been that I have not had to worry about my hair in the least! I have only had time to wash it once, hopefully tomorrow will lend me some time for wash number two, and every night I sleep on a satin pillow case. The downside is that I miss my hair! Also, they are starting to get a little fuzzy at the crown because I do not tie them up with any kind of scarf so, while the satin pillowcase minimizes rubbing, there is still some friction while I sleep (read: nap intermittently). I don't know how much longer I will keep them in because they are heavy and are hard to put up. I find that the synthetic hair itches my neck and it takes a lot of work to keep the hair out of my face when they're down. All in all, it was money well spent because it got me through the labor and delivery and allowed me to transition into motherhood without worrying about my hair!

So that is the latest with me. I hope all of you are well! Have a great weekend and we'll see you next week. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment