Friday, March 18, 2011

Finally...

The Hair and Body Boutique
"Natural and Organic Beauty Treats"
Located in: Silver Spring, MD (White Oak Shopping Center)

Nothing warms my heart more than products for my natural hair, the store listed above made my jump for joy the minute I walked in. I heard about The Hair and Body Boutique a while back from my girl Elle over at Quest for the Perfect Curl, I secretly think Elle likes aiding to my PJ'ism, LOL. As many of you know, I am a Montgomery County, Maryland resident--- so hearing that we have this new natural hair boutique in MoCo was a shock. I drive past that shopping center the store is located in often but I have never noticed it. Yesterday, I decided to poke my head in and see what all th fuss was about and OMG, did I see. I was seriously in Natural Hair Product HEAVEN, no exaggeration. The owner, Doreen was very nice and the her customer service was impeccable. We chatted it up and I told her about my hair care line and blog, I had a nice experience in her store and of course I had to buy some stuff. Below is a list of a few brands she carries-- you are probably going to get excited so brace yourself product junkies...

*Bee Mine
*Darcy Botanicals
*Qhemet Biologics
*Donna Marie
*Curls
*Miss Jessie's
*Curl Junkie
*My Honey Child
*Carols Daughter
... and more! 

How awesome is that? I can now get the products I LOVE on the ground and NOT online-- MoCo curlies, you can too! I am in love. Doreen might get sick of seeing my face in her store. I ended up buying Donna Marie's "Super Buttercream", My Honey Child's "Olive You Deep Conditioner" and Bee Mine's "Deja's Hair Milk" (my fave). I also brought home some samples of My Honey Child's "Type 4" Hair Butter and Donna Marie's "Mira Curl Curling Gelly." I cannot wait to try them out. I actually used the Donna Marie's buttercream on my flat twist this and I really made my hair feel soft and my curls are very defined! 

So if you are a Maryland resident and you live close to the Silver Spring area drop by and give the store a visit, tell Doreen that Alex from The Good Hair Blog sent you! 

xoxo,
Alex 

No comments:

Post a Comment