Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Captured Curls: Jerica

Everyone, meet Jerica! One of my dear friends who is a newly natural. Her curls are amazing and she rocks her TWA fiercely! Check out her natural hair journey, thus far, below...




1.Tell me about YOU

My name is Jerica Price. I'm a mother, daughter and sister. My daughter is literally my EVERYTHING. I'm a full time student and part time employee. I love shopping, laughing and having a good time. My goal in life is to achieve happiness and success.

 
2. Tell me your hair care regimen (do you use heat, natural products, ect...)

My haircare regimen is still really simple because I have a TWA (wash-and-go's are my best friend lol). I usually co-wash every other morning and moisturize with water on the days I don't co-wash. I use Elasta QP Feels Like Silk Leave-in H20, followed by Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk and sometimes I also use Eco Styler Gel. I apply theses products while wet and let my hair air dry. I usually deep condition once a month and I wash once a week, usually on Sundays.



3. Tell me your texture and what works best on your hair type

My hair type is 3B/3C. mostly curls and coils. However, I have a couple of patches in my hair that are 3A as well. The products that work best on my hair type are, Elasta QP Leave-in H20, All Shea Moisture products and Eco Styler Gel.



4. Tell me the reaction you got when first going natural

When I first went natural, everyone was shocked. Although my hair was already short, no one believed that I would go natural. I had some people try to talk me out of it, so when I finally did it the reaction wasn't great but it wasn't bad either. I guess you could say it was neutral.



5. Did you BC or transition, if so when or for how long?

I BC'd. Although my hair was already cut into a pixie cut, I transitioned for about 2 months and just went for it! I was so excited.



6. What makes you love your kinks, curls and coils?

I love my kinks, curls and coils, because the define who I a woman of color. They make me unique and different from everyone. I stand out. Everywhere I go I get compliments on my natural hair from ALL races. When people ask "how'd you get your hair like that?" it makes me feel good to say "its my natural hair".



7. Where can we find you on the web?

You can find me on Twitter @Hi_ImJERI



8. Anything EXTRA you want us to know?

Going natural was one of THEE best things I've done in my young life. I don't regret it. I did it mostly for my daughter. I want her to love her beautiful Chocolate skin and curly, kinky hair. I want to be her inspiration in EVERY way.



No comments:

Post a Comment