Sunday, May 1, 2011

Safi Update

Hey everyone and HAPPY Sunday! I hope you all are having a great day thus far. This post is just a little update regarding Safi, my next batch and plans for the business. Many of you probably saw my tweet saying that Safi will be closing for good after my last batch. So many of you were shocked and begged me not to finalize that decision. The reason behind "closing down" is because this business is A LOT of work for me and requires a lot of time that I sometimes do not have to give. Most of you know that I am a mother, student and employee, so time can get a little tight and most times there are not enough hours in the day to get things done. It gets very hard to squeeze Safi into my life sometimes. I want to give you all quality and consistency, your opinions on the products and your business is very important to me. I like all my customers to be happy and satisfied.  

After thinking over somethings and talking with my family, friends and customers, I have chosen to keep going with my business and continue to build my brand to make it better for you all and myself. I understand that running a business is not easy and I never in a million years expected to have such a great following of people who support me and like the products that I produce. Running Safi has nothing to do with the money I make, the money at the end of the day is a very small part of what makes me happy. Safi has birthed so many opportunities for me and I have made so many great connections with my customers and people from all over the world, that's where the true happiness lies for me. 

 With all of that said I will be taking a little break this Summer after my next batch which should be out next week. Since most of my products are butters shipping in the cooler months is easier because the butters melt in transit and it's a bummer when customers receive melted product that can't always be salvaged. I think that decision is the smartest so everyone can get their moneys worth and be happy with the items received. I decided that I I will have the PopCurls Defining Jelly in stock along with the Hair Heaven Leave In.  I may also introduce a new conditioner in the summer but I haven't decided yet, I am still going back and forth with that one.

I am working on getting my products in a store in my area so my local customers can just drop in a pick up certain butters they cannot live without. For my out of state regulars, I will take special orders from you over the Summer if need be. I know a few of y'all cannot live without the Avocado Shea Butter so I won't leave you hanging if you absolutely cannot wait until September. I have a few things in the works for Safi to make things more manageable for me so I am hoping everything comes together and that you all continue to support me through this great journey!

I am so appreciative of everyones love and support. I really want to thank you for sticking by me and my little business, it truly means a lot to me.

xoxo,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment